Chapter 7

Liam's POV.

The argument I had with Fallon a few minutes earlier made her collapse, she collapsed and it's my fault, I think...

I've been waiting in the hallway for over 10 minutes now, 10 minutes that feel like hours.

Honestly what Fallon said was hurtful. I don't constantly blame her, do I?

I think I never have anything to reproach myself for during our arguments, unless...

Before I can think more, the doctor walks out of the room and towards me.
I look behind him and see 2 nurses pulling Fallon's bed, with her in it, out of the room.

Liam - So? What happened?

Doctor - Miss Carrington had some internal bleeding in her abdomen which we didn't detect during her last operation, which explains her collapse, but it's nothing serious so you don't need to worry, however we still have to re-operate on it. And regarding his wound, it opened slightly, but as with the hemorrhage it's nothing serious

Liam - You think... it's my fault?

Doctor - What do you mean?

Liam - Just before she collapsed we have a violent argument, is it because of that?

Doctor - It has nothing to do with you, don't worry, this internal bleeding couldn't have been predicted and it can't be caused by stress or anything else, it happened because of the bullet that a received.

Liam - Okay thank you doctor, will the operation last long?

Doctor - A few hours at most.

Liam - Okay, thanks.

So I went to sit down and send a message to the Carrington family, Sam and Kirby arrived about thirty minutes later.

One hour later.

Sam - My back hurts from sitting in this chair all day worrying about Fallon.

Kirby - Yes me too.

Sam - Maybe if Liam hadn't pushed her too far by arguing with her we wouldn't be here and she wouldn't be in surgery.

Kirby - Sam...the doctor said it couldn't be Liam's fault.

Sam - Are you defending him?

Liam - sorry but are you going to be mad at me for much longer?

Sam - uh, let me think? Yes.

Liam - She cheated on me and lied to me about Eva.

Sam - Do you have proof that she is lying to you about Eva?

Liam - I saw her fighting in the office, and Fallon was on top of her.

Sam - It was Eva who started by throwing a vase at his head, I looked at the surveillance camera. And Fallon and Amanda found a book in Eva's desk drawer with photos of the bride and groom pasted into it, replacing the faces with hers and yours, she's doing everything to separate you so she can be with you and obviously it's working.

Liam - She never told me about the book or the fight.

Sam - Because you didn't listen to him, you never wanted to listen to him, you came and directly gave your opinion on the origin of this fight.

Liam - And what proves to me that you are telling the truth about Eva's book?

Kirby - Amanda showed it to us, it's at the property in my room, I can show it to you.

Liam - Maybe it was Fallon who did it and put it in Eva's drawer, you don't know.

Sam - Are you serious? Do you continue to accuse him? I have to show you all the images from the surveillance cameras in his office since the day you started arguing to prove to you that the crazy girl in the story is Eva and not Fallon?

Liam - I-

??? - Hi.

Liam, Kirby, Sam - Steven?