Chapter 14

Eva's POV

Today was Beto's trial. This idiot gave my name to the cops when I was going to get him out of there, now I'm being searched all over Atlanta.

However, I have another plan.

I heard that Evan Tate also had problems with the Carrington.

So that I can use my contact to get him out of prison, then he can help me carry out my plan.

Furthermore, we have the same goal...

Eliminate Fallon.

Fallon's POV

Judge - I sentence Beto Flores to 3 years in prison for attempted murder.

I gently release Liam's hand.

Blake - Shouldn't he be 5 or older?

Fallon - He said Eva was his accomplice, so they reduced his sentence.

Blake - This is ridiculous. Totally ridiculous.

Fallon - At least we have peace of mind for 3 years.

Cristal - What if he came back once he was free? I know my brother Fallon, and there's very little chance he won't come back.

Fallon - I... I don't know, we'll find a solution.

I didn't let her answer and stood up before leaving the room.

The Carringtons' driver opened the door when he saw me, but I motioned for him to wait a few minutes so I could get some fresh air, and wait for the rest of the family to arrive.

After only a few seconds, I heard someone approaching me.

Liam - What's going on?

Fallon - Nothing.

He tilted his head, letting me know he knew I was lying.

Fallon - Fine, it's just that... for now Beto is in prison, but in just 3 years he will be free. And Eva, we mustn't forget Eva, she's the one who brought up this whole thing with Beto, and no one knows where she is, who knows what else she could do?

Liam - Fallon calm down, I'm sure everything will be fine.

Fallon - She already tried to kill me once Liam, she might try again.

Liam - So we won't stay alone, no matter where you go I will come with you.

Fallon - It's not enough, she could still try something, we need greater security measures.

Liam - We can hire a bodyguard, he will stay next to you all the time.

Fallon - Do you think this will help?

Liam - I think so, we can also install alarms in the property, and we will stay there until Eva is arrested, we will only go out if necessary.

Fallon - Alright.

Liam - Does that reassure you? At least a little?

I nodded, a small smile on my face.

Liam - Come on, let's go home, the driver is waiting for us.