Chapter 03

When Mike led you to the lockers, he opened the first one and immediately jumped at what he saw and closed the locker

When Mike led you to the lockers, he opened the first one and immediately jumped at what he saw and closed the locker. You looked at him in confusion before he opened it again. Your eyes widened as you carefully grabbed it. Mike just looked at you and went to getting security vests.

"Balloon Boy..."

"What?"

"Oh, nothing, Mike." You spoke, putting the little figure back and turned it away for Mike's sake. You remembered the day where you met a boy who loved balloons.

-

You were running around with your friends and didn't realize you ran the opposite direction and ran into someone else. You fell down on your butt and groaned, rubbing there for a moment before a kid you assumed you bumped into had a hand out for you.

"You okay, miss?"

"yeah! Sorry for... Running into you. I'm Y/n!"

"I'm ---------, but everyone calls me Balloon Boy!"

The two of you exchanged laughs before having your own fun in the ball pit in the arcade area. You decided to nickname him BB since his name was somewhat too long to remember and besides, he liked the name. The moment you left the ballpit, a man in a yellow bunny costume talked to BB and led him somewhere, never to be seen again.

-

"Y/n? You there?" Mike spoke out to you, trying to get you out of your trance. You looked around and then to him.

"Jeez... Are you mentally okay to work here? The moment we barely stepped in, you've been paranoid and tense.."

"I-I'm okay, Mike. Thanks for your concern.." You muttered, a sigh escaping your lips before he gave you a security vest to wear over your clothes. You wore a sweater that Mike gave to you for the nights since you aren't really use to the cold. It was a nice feeling for you, nonetheless. It was like he was almost cuddling you through all this, which started helping you relax often.

Mike did know about it, so it was the least he can do without actually being physical. You two have been friends for almost a few years, he didn't want to make you uncomfortable.

Once you got in your vest, Mike started walking out of the office and to the main party area. You caught up to him as you immediately stepped on glass, making it crunch. You whinsed before following Mike to explore the area.

Mike walked over to the left side, examining the Prizes corner and still seeing some merchandise still in tact. You had some old merch from this place when you were smaller. That reminded you of the small badges security had to wear. You sneakily went behind the prize counter and looked for a box that had '1000' on it. Once you did, you silently pulled it out a little, grabbed the little pin badge and started putting it on your vest.

Mike already examined the small food court and restrooms. So he walked back and headed towards the right of the staff entrance. He was immediately met with an art wall from what he assumed was the little kids that come here a lot. You took time to look at it, even seeing your art. Your hand gently touched the one in the center, glaring at it. Who would draw that and put it in the center?

"Y/n?"

"... Coming." You kept looking at it before taking a small jog to catch up with Mike. He stopped his walking and looked around from his spot. You, however, started seeing the little you and BB heading to the ballpit, laughing and having fun. You didn't see Mike in your hallucination, but looked around and tried to see what you couldn't. You saw your friends still having fun, but looking for you. As that happened, you saw the yellow suit you swore to find out who it was.

You watched as the yellow man walked around and immediately saw you and BB in that ballpit. You felt yourself walking over to the scene.

"BB, Y-You get away from him.. GET AWAY-"

"Y/n?! Y/N!! HEY!" You looked around and realized what happened. You looked at Mike, than the ballpit. You took a deep breath, and tried pretending that never happened. Mike, however, grew more worried about your mental state being here. He wanted to ask a lot of questions. He assumed that you had memories of this place that weren't pleasant, but didn't want you having the time to dwell rethinking the past.

Before he continued, there was a thud and some sort of glass clink at the stage. He turned around and flashed the flashlight to the stage, pulling you close behind for your safety. As much as you didn't want to be protected, it was nice and sweet at the same time for him to keep you safe from what's going on. Made your heart flutter and your frown turn into a soft smile.

He started walking over to the left side of the stage, walking up a bit to the large steps and slowly peaked through. A small gasp out of fear escaped him, making you look over and stand there, stunned. Why were they in perfect condition still? You assumed they would be busted up or covered in blood after the incident. Mike looked at every animatronic while you walked over to pirate's cove. You pulled out your flashlight and opened the curtains a little, finally seeing Foxy, the pirate fox. He was damaged.

It hurt you a little because Foxy wasn't much liked by many kids. You remember always watching his shows more than the other three. Of course, you took time to watch them equally. Mike called for you at the staff door, having you let go of the curtains and walk to him.

"We have 3 more hours.." Mike claimed, having a small yawn run through as you nodded. Mike immediately did his own thing and got set to take a nap. The moment he rested his head, he passed out. You chuckled and gently ran your hand through his hair, watching the monitors for anything out of the ordinary.

As he slept, you heard the speaker at the back wall be a bit staticy. You thought that maybe it's been like that, and ignored it. The static grew louder and louder, making you cover your ears and it immediately stopping when Mike fell off his chair and woke up.

"Mike?! You okay?!" You ran over to him, helping him up as you snoozed his alarm on his watch. He leaned on the small cabinets on his desk to try and relax. You tried reaching for him, but he only glared at you. You were confused, but retracted your hand and stood up.

"We need to go." You mumbled, taking off your vest and setting it back into the locker. Mike didn't seem to put his back so you didn't bother.

The drive back was awkward. Mike didn't say anything to you, nor even responded to your questions. Once he parked into his driveway, you immediately got set to walking back home since the two of you are neighbors. Before you made it to your house, a hand firmly gripped your wrist, making you stop. You looked over and saw it was Mike.

Before you could even speak, he embraced you into a tight hug. His face buried into your neck as he held you close. You slowly hugged back, immediately breaking down into his shoulder. You weren't sure how he knew, but he had a way with knowing what you needed. Of course, he didn't say anything, just held you until you let it all out. After about 5 minutes, you relaxed and sniffled, wiping away your tears as Mike's hands still rested at your waist.

"Y/n, get a lot of rest, okay? I'm always here if you need me. You have the spare key." You nodded as he let go of you and walked back to his place. You later walking to yours.