Chapter 04

𝐀

𝐀.𝐍. —— Howdy y'all! So, currently the updates are gonna be a bit slow considerin I have school shit goin on and currently needing to be at a meeting sometime soon. Few questions!

A) would you guys like one-shots and/or headcanons after the main story is finished?

B) do you guys want smut to be in the book? Originally I didn't want to due to the fact of horny minors snoopin about for it, which I know first hand. If not, how about lime and just suggestive stuff? Not too far, but at a bare minimum.

Whichever is fine! Wanna see what you guys think about that :]
Without further adooooooooooo, enjoy some wholesome time that isn't in the movie >:P

𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆
the following has descriptive suicide mentions, self-harm, and panic/anxiety attacks.
Please read to your own discretion.

• • •

You haven't slept since you got home. Two things stuck to your mind;

The hallucinations that's gotten worse,

And Mike just holding you and showing he cared.

You fell in love the moment you two met. His little smiles and questions about things you like really makes your heart race. Yet, your mind gets clouded on if he actually did that to fake his emotions. Thats the issue on your sleeping habits.

Those thoughts get worse and worse the longer you're up. You start thinking of ways you could die and commit to it happening. Ways you can bring the pain to a stop. Every night, you feel like your chest is heavy. You feel yourself shake and lose balance. You grow so exhausted, that you can't even get up and scream for the cries of your dead friends to stop.

Out of quick reflexing, you got up and ran to the kitchen and your hands shakingly get a sharp knife and stab your hand. You screamed as your hair was an absolute mess and the pain ceased the cries. You pulled the knife out of your hand and fell to the floor. You couldn't breathe, everything was too much.

There was hands that reached you and picked you up. You couldn't see who because of your state, but you were taken care of. Your hand was getting cleaned and wrapped up while some words were muttered over the ringing.

"Y/n...hey, hey, its okay.. Im here, breathe.." It was Mike. It was Mike who was there. You felt yourself relax and slowly get back to your senses. You cleaned your face off with your good hand as Mike held the other. You leaned forward so your elbows rested on your legs. You felt his hand cup your cheek and having you look up at him.

He had his own tears fall down his face as what he heard and witnessed. You felt a sting in your heart, feeling horrible for him for dealing with you and waking up at literally 8 am.

"... M-Mike.. I-... I'm sorry... I'm—"

"Don't. Just take a deep breath, and relax, okay? Im right here for you. Whenever you're ready, you can tell me. Right now is not the time. Don't apologize." He spoke, sometimes having a bit of a voicecrack before scooting forward to get close to you, and pulled your head into his shoulder, giving you a comforting hug. You couldn't hug back, but he didn't mind that.

He decided to help you go to his place so you weren't alone and do anything this drastic again. He let you sleep on his bed as he went to sleep on the couch. But, before he left, you gently took his hand and stopped him. Mike looked over and gave you his full attention.

"Can you... Stay..? I-I just want someone to hold so I-I don't feel alone again.."

"... Y-Yeah.. I can.." His voice was soft and comforting, which made you not be as tense. "Do you want borrow some of my clothes so you're not sleeping in what you wore at work?"

"Th-That would be nice..." You muttered, him gently rubbing your hand before getting some clothes for you. You didn't get it. Why was he so nice to you after basically waking him up and having to deal with this side of you? You grew confused, yet frustrated.

".. Mike?"

"What's up?"

"... Why did you help me..? Why do.... You care?.. Im just a nobody to everyone.. All I am is a traumatic freak that harms themselves and contemplate on commiting suicide... Im a waste of t-time to be helped a-and.."

"Y/n, look at me." You slowly looked up at him as he set the extra clothes on your side. He got down on one knee as he held your arms.

"I care about you because you showed me a life better than what I was going through. You cared about me when I was going through my worst days and understood everything I explained. You are the only person out of everyone else to ever give me a reason to keep trying through the toughest shit. You make Abby happy, you make me happy. There has never been a day where you've been annoying or disliked by us. I don't know what I would do without you in mine, or even Abby's, life. You're our world, you're my world. You're our family. We care and love you very, very much. It hurts seeing you go through this, but I want to help you for as long as I possibly can."

Your eyes widened as you were stunned from his own words. That made you immediately cry. Not out of sadness or pain, but joy and feeling wanted. Mike pulled you into another hug, giving comfort to you before you reached for the clothes. Mike immediately let go and walked out of the room to let you change. Once you did your thing, you slowly walked out of his room and he immediately took your old clothes, put them in the laundry basket, and gave you a cup of water.

You chugged it all down and sighed in relief. Feeling a bit better afterwards. You set the cup on the counter before feeling a hand pressed on your lower back, leading you back to Mike's room. You got under the covers as Mike did the same, then you cuddling onto him as he just draped his arm around you.

"Sleep well, okay? I'm right here to keep you safe." You nodded as you immediately passed out, Mike gently planting a small kiss on your head and slowly falling asleep himself.