ch 9

Professor Snape turned and approached the area where Freya's fingerprints remained on a shelf. "You can start by reorganizing this shelf," he instructed, gesturing toward a corner where she could find a ladder to reach the top shelves. Without waiting for her response, Snape exited through a side door leading to his room. Freya glanced after him briefly before commencing her work.

She meticulously unloaded the shelves and attempted to alphabetize the items, a task made more difficult due to the lack of labels on the bottles. Sighing in frustration, she cleaned the shelves before slowly placing the items back in their positions. As she worked mechanically, her mind drifted into daydreams about Snape, the scenarios taking on a more vivid and fantasy-like quality, intensified by his lingering scent around her.

Humming a song softly to herself, Freya moved back and forth on the ladder, lost in her thoughts about Snape."She said, 'It's for all the right reasons
Baby, don't care 'bout grades, just call me your lady
If I pass this quiz, will you give me your babies?
Don't call me crazy
You love me, but you won't come save me" she sing out loud but forget the lyrics so started humming further.

"Teacher's pet
If I'm so special, why am I secret?
Yeah, why the fuck is that?
Do you regret
The things we shared that I'll never forget?
Well, do you? Tell me that
I know I'm young, but my mind is well beyond my years
I knew this wouldn't last, but fuck you, don't you leave me here"

She found herself lost in her daydreams, every Snapetok video with that particular sound filled her thoughts, causing a shiver to run down her spine. Her desire to be his pet was palpable, leaving her with a wistful sigh.

She danced a little, running around the bottles, completely unaware that Snape had returned and was momentarily taken aback by her singing.

"Stop calling me your bunny
I won't hop and you don't own me
Do you?
I bet you think you do, well, you don't"

"Your choice of song, Miss Williams, is rather inappropriate. If I recall correctly, I didn't solicit a performance while you worked," Professor Snape remarked, causing Freya to startle, nearly dropping a potion. Unfazed, she turned to him, offering a flirtatious smile and a wink. "Well, lucky for you, Professor, I'm more than happy to provide a show," she replied teasingly.

Snape paid little heed to her comment, acknowledging her work instead. "Very nice work. Leave those bottles there," he motioned to the unlabeled ones, then settled behind his desk. "Bring a chair here. Let's begin with a few questions about potions," he said nonchalantly. Freya complied, fetching a chair and placing it to his right, as close as possible without risking his disapproval, though the distance was still more than she'd have preferred.

Snape regarded her, as if he might comment on her choice of seating, but instead, he exhaled audibly and presented a question. "Miss Williams, what would arise if powdered root of asphodel was mixed into an infusion of wormwood?"

Freya wanted to chip in when she heard the first words of this famous line but stayed calm or at least tried. Snape asked in a calm tone, devoid of his typical sarcasm, but it was still like in the movies.
She swiftly answered, a smile adorning her face, "The Draught of Living Death."

Snape nodded in acknowledgement, proceeding, "Where might one find a bezoar?" Freya responded with a smile, "A bezoar is a stone taken from a goat's stomach, known to counteract most poisons." She then continued confidently, "And with regard to monkshood and wolfsbane, they are, in fact, the same plant, also identified as aconite."

Snape's eyes widened for a second before he regarded her suspiciously. "How..." Freya guiltily smiled, "So I mentioned that I saw your life, right?" When he stiffened and barely nodded, she continued, "So, it's not as if it stopped when you were a child and friends with Lily or when you became Voldemort's first, then Dumbledore's, spy." She paused, noting his shock. Anger clouded Snape's features. "What did you know about me?" he asked slowly, his voice as sharp as ice.