2 • October

⭒*¨༺☽・✮・*˚⁺‧ ‧✩‧ ‧⁺˚*・✮・☾༻¨*⭒

He clutched his chest tightly, feeling more lonely than ever before.

He had forgotten she couldn't see him.

⭒*¨༺☽・✮・*˚⁺‧ ‧✩‧ ‧⁺˚*・✮・☾༻¨*⭒ 

He often found her on that roof, studying or watching a movie but whenever she was down she always had a cigarette in her hand.

He tried to make her happy, blowing small snowflakes in her face. It often worked, leaving her smiling and without a cigarette in her hand.

He loved seeing her smile. It was one of his specialties, making people smile. He had yet to figure out but that was his main duty in life, bringing happiness around him. So it would be weird if he wasn't good at it.

But once she was happy and his mission was completed, he still never wanted to leave her side. He could sit with her for hours, talking to her and watching her smile peacefully. Sometimes he even forgot to talk and just sat there beside her, getting lost in her beauty.

So fitting her name is Bella, meaning beautiful.

There was just something about her that made her so pretty and he could not explain it. Maybe it was her voice that he could listen to for hours or her long, blonde hair that looked as smooth as silk. Or perhaps the fact she smelled like vanilla. 

Either way, he couldn't leave her, because he loved her.

It took a while for him to realize it but by the end of October, he knew. It made him feel happy and cozy inside. Realizing he loved her and that he loved to love her.

But just as the beginning of November came she stopped visiting the roof. He was confused the first time it happened, even a bit hurt. He flew over to her window and looked inside. He saw her sitting in her bed, a movie on her computer playing but she didn't pay any attention to it. Instead, she was typing on her phone while laughing.

He wanted to be there with her, laughing at what she was laughing at. But the window was closed. He almost felt betrayed by her since she wasn't sitting on the rooftop with him, studying and watching movies like they did before.

And when she never returned he could only see her at night through her window or during the day when she was at school.

Then winter came and even if she wanted to she wouldn't be able to go and sit on the roof. Everything was covered in thick layers of snow.

But as the snow layer got thicker and thicker on the ground he realized that she loved winter just as much as he did.

He had found a new way to spend time with her.

She loved driving snow scooters and hers is black with white details. It matched her personality.

She often went out to the big forest, driving at a high speed, laughing and screaming out of joy. He always followed her when she was driving, laughing alongside her. He made sure her driving was extra fun, creating jumps and extra nice snow to drive on.

It was only one downside.

Most of the time she had someone with her. A guy.

His name is Sebastian. He's the same age as her and has brown hair and brown eyes. The two always hang out, they even kiss. Sebastian had what he could never have. He envied him for that, but he was good for her.

He made her quit smoking and with him she was happy. So he was happy too, even though it broke his heart to see them together.

Her cousins, Jamie and Sophie Bennett loved her boyfriend too. They often played in the snow together, building snowmen and later watching a movie together in the living room. She was always curled up beside him, hugging him while he hugged her back. They even shared the same blanket.

When Christmas came the two exchanged presents. He had given her a bouquet of roses and a golden necklace. She had kissed him on the cheek and handed over his present, it was a hoodie and bracelet. The bracelet was one of hers, the one she always wore every day. It was blue and gray and made out of braided threads, the threads connecting with each other through a blue pearl, the same blue as the threads.

He thanked her and kissed her.

During New Year he kissed her too, as the fireworks lit up the sky in every color imaginable. She was holding a glass of cider. He wondered if it was alcohol inside. She was old enough to drink so it wouldn't be impossible.

Soon Valentine arrived and she received roses from Sebastian that day too. Later that night she went out with her friends, eating dinner and going out partying. That was the first time he had seen her drunk. 

Her boyfriend had carried her home, stroking her head as she talked about how much she loved him and that she would marry him. He tucked her in bed that night, before leaving her as she was already sleeping soundly. 

But Jack stayed. He would always stay with her, no matter what. He watched as she slept, her arms and legs sprawled out on the bed and she drooled a bit mumbling about something he couldn't make out.

He made sure she was safe.

Because he loved her and he always will.

She's the reason he loves Fall, that's when he fell in love with her. 

Unedited