6 • Never again

⭒*¨༺☽・✮・*˚⁺‧ ‧✩‧ ‧⁺˚*・✮・ ☾༻¨*⭒ 

He was happy. This was his new life. Being a guardian and protecting the children. Bringing happiness and laughter to the world.

But this new World wouldn't be fulfilled without her. She had to be a part of his world.

⭒*¨༺☽・✮・*˚⁺‧ ‧✩‧ ‧⁺˚*・✮・ ☾༻¨*⭒ 

Jack felt confident in his new role as guardian, yet his way of life remained unchanged, leaving traces of mischief around the world like he always did before.

Still, he always made time to visit the Bennett family frequently, talking and goofing around with Jamie and sharing quiet moments with Bella on the rooftop.

He treasured the times when she hummed along to her favorite tunes or cozied up to watch movies under the starry night, wrapped snugly in blankets. However, the one noticeable change was the absence of cigarettes in her hand. Bella had decided to quit, understanding that self-destruction wouldn't bring her happiness.

Jack was happy to witness her remarkable transformation, remembering the days when he first laid eyes on her, broken and hurt.

Through Jamie, he discovered the reason behind Bella's profound sorrow that day-a disagreement with her mother about moving in with her aunt. Bella's decision to live with her aunt to attend a specific college led to an argument between mother and daughter, resulting in hurtful words and a painful separation.

One evening, Jamie caught Jack off guard with a question. "Why do you ask so much about Bella?" Jack hesitated, searching for the right words. "I care about her," he finally admitted, though he knew his feelings ran much deeper.

"I've seen the way you look at her," Jamie teased, grinning mischievously. "You're in love with her."

Jack blushed, scratching the back of his neck. "I wouldn't say I love her... more admire her a lot."

But Jamie persisted, urging Jack to make Bella believe in him as he had done for Jamie. Encouraged by Jamie's words, Jack found himself on the rooftop with Bella later that evening as she watched a movie.

Jack sat down next to her, not caring about what movie she was watching since he got to spend time with her. But his full attention was soon on the girl next to him as she started crying, wiping her tears angrily, trying to make herself stop crying.

He wanted to comfort her, tell her he was there for her if she needed it. It was then Jamie's words rang in his head.

Make her believe.

He should make her believe! Then he would be able to comfort her.

He made it snow, slowly but surely, and when she realized it was snowing her tears stopped falling. "How can it snow in the middle of May?" She curiously whispered to herself as she watched the snow gently fall around her.

One snowflake landed on her nose and she giggled, the magic of the snow spreading through her.

He drew on her Laptop, creating a frozen heart in the left corner of her keyboard. She watched in wonder as the heart took form.

"I always thought those hearts on my window were a beautiful accident." She traced it with her finger. "But how could this happen now?"

"I don't know, but I always enjoyed drawing those. I just hoped one day you would realize they were from me." He chuckled, staring up at the stars above. "It's stupid because that would never really happen."