3 • Stars

⭒*¨༺☽・✮・*˚⁺‧ ‧✩‧ ‧⁺˚*・✮・☾༻¨*⭒ 

Because he loved her and he always will.

She's the reason he loves fall, that's when he fell in love with her. 

⭒*¨༺☽・✮・*˚⁺‧ ‧✩‧ ‧⁺˚*・✮・☾༻¨*⭒ 

The snow had started melting again, only the grass and roads were covered in snow now.

Jack had been out all day but decided, like always, to visit her.

He approached the house and to his surprise the window was open. He furrowed his brows, flying a bit closer, peeking inside, and to his surprise, she wasn't there. He decided to check the roof.

As he flew from the window and up on the roof he felt the smell of cigarettes.

He soon saw her, she was sitting on the roof once more. She was sitting the same way she had sat when he first saw her. Cuddled up in the same blanket, wearing the same slippers and headphones. He heard her quietly sobbing, her shoulders rising and sinking.

He sat down next to her again. He wondered why she was sad, she had been happy for so long.

He made a disgusted face as she took another breath of her cigarette. He had been happy when she quit smoking when she and Sebastian got together but now she's started again. So why has she started again?

Regardless of reason he knew it was bad for her so he created a few snowflakes that put the cigarette out.

She sighed as she stared down at the cigarette in her hand before staring up at the sky again. "Why do you have to do this to me? Can't you be nice for once?" She pulled her knees up to her chest, hugging them tight while tilting her head up. "I'll make sure you get on the naughty list." She chuckled, a tear rolling down her cheek.

"I'm already on the naughty list, and have been for some time now." He chuckled. "What's bothering you? Wanna talk about it? I'll listen I promise." He said, sitting down next to her.

"I'm so pathetic. How could I possibly think it would've lasted." Another tear rolled down her cheek. "And now I'm sitting here, talking like an idiot to no one. I really am pathetic." She smiled but her smile looked fake and it never reached her eyes.

"You're not pathetic. It's his fault for being a moron, throwing away your love like it means nothing."

She laid down, staring up at the sky, looking at the stars.

Jack laid down too, gazing up at the endless space of stars above them. They lay there for a while, not really saying anything, just being.

Later that night, when she had gone inside and went to bed, Jack drew a frozen heart on her window before he left. He couldn't stand seeing her so hurt. He wondered what Sebastian could've done that made her start smoking again.

A week passed and by then he had seen her break up with Sebastian. Apparently, he had cheated on her with another person at their school.

After the breakup Bella had tried to focus more on herself, he could tell. She often went on long walks around the neighborhood. Taking the dog with her and often one of her cousins too. She started going to a local gym, lifting heavy weights and exercising a lot. She didn't, what he could tell at least since she always wore baggy clothes, have a bad body to begin with but as long as she was happy he was happy.

Her life seemed to be working out even though she got her heart broken so suddenly.

A little more time passed and it looked like she had completely healed, but he still felt like something was off about her. He didn't know what but something didn't quite feel complete.

But, now you can't go thinking Jack always was with Bella every hour of every day. No, he spent all the time he could with her but he still had a duty to fulfill. So that's why he was always extra happy when he got to see her.

And today he was happier than ever. He's been away from Bella for two whole days, it's the longest he's been away without seeing her so this time just felt extra magical.

"Wind, take me home!" He screamed and the wind followed his command, taking him to the town where the Bennett family lived.

The first person he encountered was Jamie Bennett. He was at the frozen lake, on the way home, with his friends while reading his book about mythical creatures and why they are real.

Easter was drawing closer and Jamie and his friends were super excited about it, but I would say Jamie was just an ounce but more excited. The way he talks about mythical creatures, like the easter bunny and the Yetis, was truly amazing and it's funny how his eyes seemed to glow every time he got a chance to speak about it.

He and his friends had decided to go out to the park but Jamie was stopped by his mother before he got a chance to go.

"Jamie, hat." She said, placing a blue hat on his head. "We don't want Jack Frost nipping at your nose."

Jamie groaned a bit but accepted the hat nonetheless. "Who's Jack Frost?"

"No one honey, it's just an expression." His mother said, walking away. Jack followed the mother with his eyes, looking offended at what she just said, and then looking over at Jamie.

"Hey!" He jumped down from the fence. "Who's Jack Frost?" He grabbed some snow from the ground, creating a snowball and blowing on it before throwing it at Jamie.

After that, a whole snowball war was created and while the kids were running around, laughing, Jack made the ground extra slippery, making Jaimie fall onto the sled that he was holding. It was downhill so the sled kept on going down until it was out on the road.

Jamie was laughing and screaming out of joy while Jack led the way, creating a path for the sled to follow.

Beside the road, Bella exited the supermarket, groceries in her hands but seeing Jamie on a sled at full speed on the road could have made her drop them, she didn't think which was lucky, or else there would be groceries all over the sidewalk by now.

Jamie soon landed in a big pile of snow, laughing hysterically at what just happened.

But one thing led to another and he was hit with a sofa, the sofa having so much power it actually knocked out one of his teeth.

But he still seemed happy about it and he excitedly showed his friends the tooth he just lost.

"I got to put this under my pillow!" He exclaimed as he walked away with his friends. But then he spotted Bella who still stood a few meters away, looking shocked and worried for her cousin. "Hi, Bella!" As Jamie said her name Jack immediately raised his head, laying his eyes on her once more. "Look, I lost a tooth!" He jumped excitedly.

"That's great Jamie! But never do that again it-"

"Is really dangerous." She chuckled at how Jamie finished her sentence. "But it was so fun! And I went swoosh and whoosh and then boom! It was amazing." He made gestures with his hands as they all started walking away.

"Well, that's good to hear at least." She smiled down at him as he continued talking about what had happened.

Jack Frost was still seated in the same place as before, watching as her hair slightly swayed while she walked and hearing her beautiful laugh.

He couldn't help but love every part of her. It was simple. He would always love her but she could never love him. It was sad but he had accepted it a long time ago.

Now everything he could do was admire from afar.