bestie

I found myself stuck in the library for what seemed like an odd amount of time. The poor lady had already checked up on me for what seemed the one thousand time. In her defense, I had been in the little room designated for Mystical Arts for almost 5 hours. Every time she'd come in I'd tell her I was working on a really big school project.

"Have you tried asking the pack witch?" I hear the little old woman come into the room. This time she has a cup of tea and she sets it in front of me. I force a smile not wanting to interact with her.

"I heard she's good." She finishes. I thank her for the tea and close the book I'm on. "I'm sure she's busy." I say referring to myself in 2nd person, I guess this woman didn't know I was the packs witch.

"Well, she's a weird looking lady" She takes a seat next to me. "She wears these clothes that are god awful and she has one of the coldest glares, I've ever seen."

I wasn't aware my style was such an issue these days, I mean my outfits were inspired by Morticia Addams meets French spy. The old woman continues. "She was here once too, she read a book...that one actually." She says pointing to my pile of books.

I pause and look the old woman curiously, "She read a book on electromagnetic telepathy?"

"She was a bright little witch, its unfortunate she hasn't come back" She says with a sad smile. I furrow my brows as the door swings open. Donny and Nathaniel come inside the room.

Nathaniel slams his hands on the table in front of me making he book fall from the pile. The old woman begins to get up and leave seeing the beta in the room.

"Convince me." He states.

"huh?" I ask. Donny slams his hand over his forehead reacting to my response.

"The book" Nathaniel clarifies.

"Oh" I say being caught off guard. "It'll be good for the pack."

"That's your argument?" Donny asks in question. I mouth a what in his directions. He sighs and looks at Nathaniel.

"She's my Bestfriend, so regardless of what you say I will be going" Donny starts off.

Nathaniel interrupts. "You're going now?"

"No." Both me and Donny say at the same time.

There's a silence in the room. "Well, in theory...eventually but not right now."

"There's a lot of concepts that we have no idea how they work," I say looking at the books around the place. "I'm a proud woman, but even I'll admit I had my ass handed to me"

"Sybil, is fucking turd from hell" Donny exclaims and takes a seat next to me. I nod my head in acknowledgment. "I hope it hurts on its way out," Donny finishes.

"I didn't need to picture that," Nathaniel says pointing at Donny.

Donny rolls his eyes. "Have you talked to Matilda?"

"I'm not talking to her," I say shutting it down.

"Who's Matilda?" Asks Nathaniel curiously.

"She's one of our best friends" Donny interjects.

"Uh, maybe for you." I retort to Donny. I lock eyes with Nathaniel. "Long story short, we used to be a trio until shit hit the fan."

"More like until she sabotaged your admission" Donny whispers. I wack him on the shoulder while Nathaniel who overheard looks at me in pity.

I sigh, "We used to be really good friends. Until we got older and grades got in the way. Eventually, we both were runner-ups at a very prestigious magic academy."

Donny was finally quiet in the corner. I continue, "It was one of the final tasks, she locked me in a room with runes that caused my magic to drain, she got in and I had to settle for the second choice"

"She's being nice. Let's not forget how everyone at the academy clowned you because of your family." Donny adds

"Got it, so no Matilda" Nathaniel says with a shocked expression.

Donny and Nathaniel left me shortly after our talk. I eventually went home where I found Sebastian's car parked in from of the house. It was pretty late around 8 pm. The librarian was adamant she was going to call the witch to help me with my project. I pretended to be grateful and moved forward.

I go towards my front door and fumble with the keys. I hear familiar footsteps behind me and I mentally roll my eyes.

I feel Sebastian's hands take the books and hold them for me. "I'm doing this for your safety."

"I didn't ask you to," I say turning the lock and opening the door to my home. "And by the way, fuck you for making me some cliche chick who is gonna listen to her big fat, no good, and full of shit alpha"

I'm met with silence on his side. I continue my rant. "I'm not gonna beg you or thank you for the shit you've allegedly done for me. Because at the end of the day, I got here on my own, and if I take myself out doing some outta pocket crap, then it's my decision."

"Are you done?" He asks.

"With you? Yes." I say angrily.

"When you came to the pack, I thought Nathaniel was stupid a bringing a witch in," He starts. I can see the underlying anger behind his eyes. "A witch took down my father, they are powerful"

"But you? Little reputation for being a good witch, lack of family name." He lists off. "I could remove the threat faster than you could harm."

He comes closer to me and I step back. Grabs my arm pulls me toward him and whispers in my ear. "You think you're here because you're good? You're here because I expect you to be shit"

Tears line my vision and I turn around not wanting him to look at me. I didn't want him to have the satisfaction that he made me cry. Ironically I looked at myself in the mirror that was enchanted. I looked at myself and I looked different.

My eyes for starters weren't brown, they were deep black coals. They looked almost beady and I didn't like the site at all. "You don't have to worry, I've never been good I only pretend"

He lets go of me and looks at me in deep thought. His eyes shift to the mirror and I watch him stare into it with furrowed eyebrows. He grabs the necklace I'd given him the last time and looks into my eyes conflicted.

"I'm sorry, I'm just" He stops and sighs grabbing his hair in a stressful manner. He sits on the couch looking at the grab his hands still in his hair. I took a seat next to him like a moth to the light, this was embarrassing for me. How in the hell, did I let a man yell at me and tell me I'm shit, and as soon as I see him stressed I'm like 'u good?'

"You're not a bad witch," He starts. "I know you're not because if you were Sybil would've killed you."

"I don't want you in the line of fire." He says looking into my eyes. He looks back at the mirror again and then at me.

I look at his face curiously and reach a hand to touch his face. "The mirror is showing you something."

"It's changing, what I'm seeing," he says. There's a slight fear in his eyes as he says this. I can't help but notice how the warm light reflects on his beautiful piercing eyes.

He grabs my hand that's on his cheek and kisses my palm. "Promise me, you'll be safe."

"I will," I say with a smile. Grabbing my hand back I slap his cheek with a small amount of force. "Don't ever call me bad, ever again"

He shakes his head and his lips land on his mind unexpectedly.