Eighty Five

It had by far been the happiest, the most calm and content nap they both had taken after weeks. Sana was literally snuggled up in his chest so peacefully and like an actual baby. Her breathing was testament to that. She was breathing so peacefully and slowly, her warm breaths falling on his chest. Sidharth too had dozed off right after he closed his eyes.

The flight had really tired him out and then the whole emotionally taxing conversation with Sana added to his exhaustion. Having her cuddled up in his arms like that after weeks was everything he had been craving for.

So now that she was there like that, he let go of everything else in the world and just gave in to his exhaustion.

His hands were wrapped around her, holding her securely inside his chest and his chin was resting on top of her head. Some of her hair were almost touching his lips but he didn't care.

Nothing gave him more peace and happiness than having her in his arms like that. Also, the realization that it was just them, in a new country, new place, secluded away from the hustle bustle of the world and people.

This place, the beauty and serenity it held, this trip, it was all supposed to be for just them. And nothing made him happier than this.

Sidharth's sleep stirred after a good two hours of deep sleep. He could feel her warm body still fully snuggled inside his chest and almost on him making his heart flutter with happiness.

Even before he opened his eyes, or became fully conscious, he tightened his hold around her, pushing her deeper in his chest, if that was even possible. Nothing gave him more peace than this very moment.

A loud sigh left his lips as he took his fingers higher up, ruffling her hair softly and slowly, careful to not wake her up. he wanted his baby to sleep and rest as much as possible.

He knew how hard the last few weeks had been on her emotionally and physically. The dark bags under her eyes were proof of how terribly her sleep cycle had been affected in all those days.

He was sure that she wasn't sleeping well, in fact he doubted if she even got adequate amount of sleep all these days or not. So now that she was back to him, he wanted to slowly and bit by bit make up for all those things she had missed out on.
He finally opened his eyes slowly and the light golden sun rays falling in their bedroom, hit his eyes instantly.

He immediately scrunched his eyes as a reflex but when he did open them, he forgot to breathe. The sight was so beautiful, it almost felt unreal.

The room was filled with golden light entering through the large windows and the shadow it was causing on the wooden floor was beautiful.

He wanted to wake her up and show her this sight but then a part of him also wanted her to rest it out.

He quickly lifted his head from the pillow a little to look at her but she was asleep. He sighed and threw his head back on the pillow, still ruffling her hair softly.

"So beautiful" he whispered while looking at the room.

A few seconds later, he felt her slightly rub her nose and face on his chest. It instantly caught his eye and he looked down at her. she was still sleeping. He frowned. Was she up? Or did she do it in her sleep?

He stopped ruffling her hair for the moment.

"Mmmmm.." she hummed after a minute.
His eyes instantly widened and he lifted his head
up, quickly holding her tighter.

"Kya hua baba? Theek hai?" he asked urgently.

"Haath kyun roka? Baalon mai wese karo jese kar rahay they tab se" she mumbled inside his chest sleepily.