Forty Five

Sidharth sat there fuming. He wanted to break the phone right then and there. The normalcy and the positivity in the text message was driving him insane.

Akshay
Kesi hai meri Sanu?? Mujhe pata hai abhi tu door hai aur naraz hai aur tu pata nahi kya kya soch rahi hai hum dono k baray mai. Par Sanu hum ne sara bachpan sath guzara hai tujhe bhi pata hai aur mujhe bhi, k hum dono sirf ek doosre k liye hi hain aur rahenge hamesha. Tu ghussa thook de aur chetti chetti mere kol waapis aja. Jab ayegi mujhe dekhe gi tou tu khud maan le gi k tu meri hi hai. Miss you !❤️

Sana quickly turned the flame off and took the cutlets out in a plate, keeping them aside. The silence she was met with upon asking him who it was, pretty much answered it for her. She was so scared about how he would react knowing that this was the third time Akshay had tried showing that everything was perfectly normal between them and she knew how Sidharth had kept his calm earlier but she wasn't too sure now. she turned around and moved closer to him and the counter. He sat there silently, but she could see how his teeth were clenching together and his nostrils slightly flaring. He was quietly staring at her phone and she could tell he was trying extremely hard to control his anger.
She walked closer and quietly picked her phone up and the moment her phone lit up, she read the message too. She herself felt unimaginable anger rising through her seeing the confidence and normalcy in his message. Why was he being so stubborn and delusional? Was he out of his freaking mind? Had she not made it clear and obvious enough that she didn't see him that way? Has she not made it obvious enough since she moved to Mumbai that she is not interested in him, let alone in love with him. She wanted to smash her phone and her head in the wall right away. If she felt so annoyed, it scared her to realize how angry Sidharth would be. She could hear his shallow breathing but he sat there completely silent, and that scared her all the more. She could tell he would no longer ignore it or let it pass.

"Si..Sidharth" she said in an extremely low murmur.
He was looking ahead, but she could still feel his eyes burning. She saw how his hands had this insanely tight grip on the counter.

"Sidharth, ye pata nahi kya.." she started off.
He instantly moved his eyes towards her, shutting her up midway and before she could go any further, he surprised her by snatching her phone from her hand. Her eyes widened and flickered down to the phone and then to him.
"Sidharth, kya kar rahay ho?" she asked in a reluctant and scared voice as his fingers furiously moved on her phone.
"Sidharth, meri baat suno..aap kya kar rahay ho?" she asked again when he didn't answer. She slowly kept her fingers on his wrist trying to calm him down but he didn't budge.
"I'm calling this bastard and telling him off right away." he gritted his teeth as his fingers worked on her phone.
Sana's eyes widened and her lips parted with shock and panic. No. This would complicate and mess things up even more. He didn't know her family. They would destroy everything.
"WHATT? SIDHARTH NOO. PAGAL MAT BANO, LAO IDHAR DO" she gasped as she tried pulling her phone away from his hands, panicking.
His grip however was extremely tight and Sana's attempts weren't making any difference. His eyes finally flickered up from the screen to her face. She could see his eyes were almost red at this point. He furrowed his eyebrows slightly seeing her pale and panicked face.
"Why? What's wrong in that? Let me call this fucker up and end this once and for all" he barked.
"No no no  Sidharth please No. Ye sab kuch kharab kar dega humare liye..no aap idhar laao" she panicked trying to pull her phone away from his hold.
He dialed the number and put the phone to his ear completely ignoring Sana. When she heard the first bell ring, she immediately pulled the phone away with both her hands catching him off guard and cut the call before he answered. The moment she did that, Sidharth's eyes widened with anger and he completely lost it.
"WHAT THE FUCK SANA? WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU JUST DO??" he shouted, his eyes boring angrily in to hers.
She finally breathed as the call ended and kept her phone aside, holding her forehead in her fingers.
"Sidharth, meri baat suno. Araamse , please relax karo aur suno" she tried calming him down and extended her other hand to hold his face but he instantly moved back pushing her hand away harshly.
"Answer me. Why. Did. You. Cut. The. Call. Sana" he said in a low voice, emphasizing on each word. 
This is what she was fearing. He was just being impulsive right now and he wasn't thinking straight. Akshay had no clue about who he was and if he truly was in some delusion that everything was fine between them, so much so, that he said the exact same thing to her mother too, despite Sana categorically telling him that she cannot marry him, it meant that he would never take Sidharth seriously and on the contrary, he would make it all about Sidharth and pin it all on him, saying that he was some manipulator who was fooling or using Sana due to which she's behaving this way. What he needed to understand was that it wasn't about him. It was about Akshay and all of them knowing that it was Sana who had made this call for the first time in her life. She was calling the shots for her life for once, it wasn't because some man influenced her in to it, it was because she finally knew what she wanted from life and she wasn't going to back down just because her family wanted her to, like always. So Sidharth calling him like this would only strengthen his belief that Sana was being manipulated and fooled in to making this decision and in reality, she still wanted Akshay.
The kind of confidence he was showing in Sana's love or whatever for him, it scared Sana. He was acting like some obsessive psycho who couldn't see it for what it actually was and who was hell bent on proving that Sana too loved and wanted him, it was only the distance that was making her behave this way. Sidharth would be an easy target for him to further believe his story.
"Sidharth. Aap pehle saans lo ge?" she said in a calm voice, looking in to his eyes.
"Are you fucking kidding me right now?" he asked her, completely shocked with her calmness.
"Is it this hard for you to understand?" he asked her.
She sighed looking to the other side and clasping both her hands together on top of her forehead, completely losing control of the situation.  He sat there quietly looking at her, waiting for an answer.
"Aap suno ge mujhe pehle araam se please? I want this to end as much as you Sidharth. Can you please just listen to me?" she tried talking to him as calmly as she could.
"Then why didn't you let me talk to him?" he asked her in the same tone.
Sana sighed loudly.
"Dekho, wohi bata rahi hoon na, it is not that simple Sidharth. You don't know Akshay" she tried speaking but he cut her off.
"And you know him very well. Sath bachpan aur jawani jo guzri hai. Of course Of course" he sneered, rolling his eyes sarcastically.
"Tch. Sidharth aise kyun keh rahay ho, you know it's not about that. Par wo bohat pagal aur gadha aadmi hai. Wo ab tak meri itni clear baat nahi samajh k kisi delusion aur denial mai reh raha hai tou aapko lagta hai aapka phone jatay hi wo ek seedhe saadhe achay insaan ki tarah peeche hat jayega kuch bole bina?" she tried making him understand.
"Please Sana, spare me the crap. I'm sick of this bastard and I will not bear his stupidities anymore. I mean kya itna khaali hai iska dimagh k ek seedhi baat nahi ghuss rahi andar? Mujhe bohat achi tarah ghusaani aati hai. BC ko ukta latka dunga mai" he gritted his teeth, his nostrils flaring.
"I know I know. Lekin aap aramse pehle meri baat suno tou sahi. Sidharth main ahi chahti na k wo aapke upar iss sab ko daal de. Mai khud usko ye yakeen dilana chahti hoon k I just don't want him. it is not because someone has forced me in to it, it is just what I don't want for myself. Aap baat karoge tou usko kitna easy target mil jayega and his delusion won't go away naa" she tried making him see it through her perspective.