Chapter 2. The morning after.

A/n:So i know there is alot of dialog but im just trying to give the story some dept

any feedback is good feedback! xxxo

Sam smiled as she looked down at her empty plate before watching Mark finish the rest of his meal. Two hours had passed since they had sat down to have dinner together. As unexpected as it was, Sam had to admit that she had enjoyed herself immensely. His personality was sweet and zesty; they had talked nonstop about his videos, his planned projects and how he edits his videos. Sam was always interested in the process of creating videos and found most of the information she learned about it quite absorbing. He also asked her a lot about her intern position as well, genuinely interested in what she did for a living. She knew it was nothing compared to what he did but he still gave her as much interest as she gave him. An amused smile crossed her face as she watched bits of the creamy chicken gravy settle in the corner of Mark's mouth. Mark looked up at her and gave her a kind smile before looking at his smartphone, raising a dark eyebrow at the time.

"Oh wow...I didn't know it was that late. I better get going," he said as he took the last bite of his food before rising up.

Sam blinked for a moment before standing up as well, clearing her throat as she smiled softly at him.

"I'm sorry if I kept you out or anything, I know you must be really busy," Sam said, apologizing softly.

"Nah, don't worry about it. It's not your fault but I really enjoyed myself, so thank you for sharing your company," Mark said with a wide grin.

"Anytime...," Sam said softly, giving him a shy smirk.

They stood there in an awkward silence. Mark felt like he should say something else before parting with her, some kind of courteous action but nothing came. He glanced at her brandy-colored eyes, watching the swirl of color in them. He shifted on his heels before letting out a small sigh, making her eyes flash to attention.

"Do you want to exchange numbers? I mean, I don't know if you might be comfortable with giving me your number or not...,"

Sam blinked in surprise before tucking a thick strand of dark chocolate hair behind her ear. She looked back at him before nodding, chewing on the side of her bottom lip. She inwardly rolled her eyes at her thoughts. She knew that this all was platonic, but she couldn't help but swoon even at its simplicity. It was just a phone number.

"Yeah...yeah, that sounds awesome," Sam said.

Mark chuckled softly before they exchanged numbers with each other. Sam felt a bit nervous about it, despite her happiness. Like she had thought to herself before, this wasn't anything too special but it was something. He obviously liked something about her that made him want to be friends with her. She smiled as he gave her his number.

"You should be able to reach me anytime. If you text me, I probably won't answer if I'm recording or something but I will text you back, I promise," he said with a smile, watching a pretty smile dance across her bronze features.

"Okay, thank you so much. I'll...I'll text you," Sam said softly, smiling.

"Mhm, good. It was nice meeting you," Mark said just as softly. Sam felt herself melt on the inside at the sound of his baritone, smooth and silky.

They said their goodbyes before Sam headed back to her apartment, but not before her car decided to act up once more. She sighed heavily when she reached her apartment, flopping lazily against the plush blue couch in her living room. She felt her phone vibrate in her pocket, making her reach into the tight space to fish it out. She opened the message and felt herself tense up when she saw Mark's name.