Chapter 5 The devils playground

Hi everybody! Back again with another chapter. Thanks again to everyone for all of the support. I appreciate it all. So I'm gonna leave this little treat for you. I hope you all enjoy it. Also, the game described in the story is not real. I made it up lol. 

 WARNING! A LOT OF SEXUAL CONTENT AHEAD!

Sam's eyes fluttered open to the energetic rays of the sun shining in her face. The alcohol that she consumed the night before settled heavy in her belly, making her grab her flat stomach. She groaned as she rose up from the bed, her head spinning slightly. The memories of last night leaked back into her head as well. Sam felt her heart drop hard in her chest as her mind drifted towards the memory of her kissing Mark. The embarrassed feeling overwhelming her all over again, making her close her eyes in regret.

"I'm such an idiot. Why did I do that?" Sam said somberly to herself.

Sam shook her head at her recklessness as she ran her hand through her hair, looking down to see that she was in the same outfit she wore last night. She slowly got up from her bed and went to the bathroom to wash up and change. She put on a pair of black baggy harem pants and blue tank top. Sam glanced over at her phone that laid undisturbed on her nightstand, becoming tempted to check her messages. She knew that he had texted her as soon as she had left and she had avoided reading it out of fear. She knew that he had to be upset about what she had done, he had to be. 

"He's probably so disappointed in me...," Sam thought sadly.

She sighed as she tied her hair up into a bun before going over to her phone, sitting down on her bed as she grabbed it up in her hand. She sighed in sadness as she closed her eyes in anticipation as she unlocked her phone. She opened her eyes to look, genuinely surprise to see that she had 3 missed calls and 5 messages from Mark. Her breathing picked up as she opened the text messages to read them.

MARK: Sam, please come back. I'm sorry

MARK: Hello?

MARK: I didn't mean to hurt you. Please answer, I need to talk to you.

MARK: ?

MARK: I'm really sorry Sam.

Sam felt her heart stop when she read the message, a sick feeling blossoming through her body. Why did he feel sorry for what she had done? She frowned at the slight desperation she sensed in his messages. Despite all of the feelings that she felt towards him, he had grown to be her friend. She took a deep, calming breath as she tried to settle her heart. She pressed his name on her phone and put the phone up to her ear, wanting to hear his voice.

***

Mark grumbled softly in his sleep as he heard his phone vibrate on his bed, he sleepily opened his eyes, his hair disarrayed on his head. He squinted as he glanced at his phone, opening them wider as he saw Sam's name on the screen. During his playthrough, he silently worried if she was okay because he knew that she wasn't fit to drive anywhere. He was grateful to know that she was okay. He rubbed his eyes and slid the lock to answer the phone. He put the phone up to his ear, licking his lips before he spoke.

"Hello?"

Sam tensed slightly when she heard his voice on the other end, gruff and deep. She immediately figured that he had still been sleeping. She huffed gently and braved herself.

"Hey...it's Sam," she said softly.

"I know....," Mark responded, almost stiffly.

Sam hesitated for a moment before finally speaking again. "I...I...about last night..."