011 - It's An Awful Idea

011

— its an awful idea —

HAZEL WRUNG HER HANDS TOGETHER AND SHE PACED BACK AND FORTH. When Kory had finally woken up, she and Dick had talked to Adamson again, but he was refusing to talk to anyone but Rachel. "I need to talk to him," Rachel ordered, her hands pressed against the counter. "Alone."

Dick shook his head and crossed his arms over his chest, "Don't this that's a good idea."

Rachel scoffed softly, "Why? 'Cause I can't take care of myself?" Rachel snapped.

"That's not the point," Dick with a sigh.

"I need to find out who he is. Why he's chasing me," Rachel ordered.

"I don't trust him."

"What's not to trust? The man's tied up," Kory spoke up, sitting on the edge of the kitchen island. "One word from Rachel, and I'll walk in and put my foot through his face."

Dick took a breath and ran a hand down his face, "Dick, please."

Dick sighed and looked at Rachel. "Five minutes."

"Thank you," Rachel spoke, before walking to the bathroom.

Hazel sighed, dropping her head into her hands that rested on the countertop. Gar walked to her, resting a hand on her back. They waited in silence, hearing nothing from down the hall. Hazel straightened, tapping her hands against the counter. "It's been too long," Hazel spoke up.

Kory sighed through her nose, "Just-"

"Hazel..." Rachel called. She stood in the hallway, holding out her hands covered in blood.

"Rachel," Hazel called running to her, resting her hands on her shoulders. Dick and Kory stood, walking towards the girls. "What happened? Are you okay? Did he hurt you?" Hazel questioned in a hurry, her eyes frantically scanning Rachel for any sign of injury.

"I'm okay," Rachel assured in a shaky breath. Her eyes drifted up to Dick and Kory. "He smashed the glass and cut his throat open." She took a shaky breath and looked down at her hands. "I healed him."

Hazel looked up at Kory and nodded. "Go." Kory and Dick rushed to the bathroom and Hazel took Rachel's hand, leading her to the sink. Hazel ran Rachel's hands under the water, scrubbing Rachel's hands.

"You sure you're, okay?" Gar questioned, watching the bloody water drain. Rachel nodded softly, letting Hazel wash her hands.

"Can you grab me a towel?" Hazel asked and Gar nodded, racing to grab a hand towel. Hazel turned the tap off and took the towel from Gar, drying Rachel's hands.