013 - Kaleidoscope Of Happy Dreams

013

— kaleidoscope of happy dreams —

Day Three, 10:22

HAZEL'S MORNING WAS STRANGELY EMPTY, THE TOWER WAS QUIET AND HER MIND WAS VOID OF ANY NIGHTMARES. Hazel let herself sleep in for a while, the onetime her mind wasn't plaguing her with pain she was going to take this chance to let herself absorb this moment. She finally rolled out of bed and wandered around until the clock hit ten, and then she finally asked the computer to play her Phoebe Bridges playlist and turned the coffee machine on.

Krypto barked at Hazel, dropping a ball at her feet. "You wanna play boy?" Hazel asked and the dog nudged the ball closer. Hazel tossed a ball around the living room, Krypto chasing it through the tower before running it back to her with super speed. "Good boy Krypto!" Hazel yelled as Krypto jumped in the air to grab the ball.

"Morning sleeping beauty," Hazel cooed as Gar shuffled into the living room, still in his pj's. "There's coffee on the counter." Gar mumbled a thank you and slumped over the counter. Hazel watched him, her eyebrows furrowing. "Bad sleep?" Gar shrugged. "Bad dream?" Gar shook his head.

Hazel tossed the ball all the way down the hall, and she walked to Gar. Hazel ran her hand down his back, his body radiating heat. Gar lifted his head, his eyes still half shut with sleep. "Hey," Gar smiled, looking up at Hazel. He had crease lines across his face from his pillows and his hair stuck into the air.

Hazel laughed softly and ran her hands through his hair, brushing it back. "What's up Gar?"

"Just a bad sleep, but your coffee makes it better," Gar hummed and brought the drink to his lips. It wasn't as hot as it normally was, he suspected it was made when Hazel first got up and she just kept reheating it as she waited. The thought made him smile.

"How's Conner?" Gar asked, resting his face on his hand.

Hazel shrugged, "Stable still. Krypto stayed with him all morning." Hazel turned and rested her back against the counter. "I set up your computer, downloaded Mortal Kombat if you wanna play that in a bit."

Gar laughed softly, looking up at Hazel. "You're amazing," Gar muttered. Hazel smiled, brushing her hair back trying to ignore the heat on her cheeks. "Let me finish this, then we can play."

Hazel nodded and walked back around the counter, cleaning the kitchen of the mess she made. He watched her for a moment, noticing the constant tapping of her leg. He sipped his coffee before speaking up, "Can I ask you something?" Gar asked and Hazel hummed, kicking the dishwasher closed. "How long have you been having nightmares?"