Chapter 12

TAYLOR'S POV

It was 3 am I was asleep in my Germany hotel room until I heard Caroline in the bathroom. I stayed under the warmth of the covers for a few minutes, but she was still in there. I decided to get up and check on her in case she was sick or something.

I fumbled through the dark heading toward the bathroom door. I was about to knock and ask if everything was okay when I heard her voice on the other side. But it didn't seem like she was talking to me, after a few seconds I realized she was on the phone with Asher.

Those two never stopped talking, every time I was with Caroline she was either texting him or talking to him on the phone. We'd only been away from home for a week and a half.

"Care." I said softly before pushing open the door. She looked up at me from her spot on the floor with the phone pressed to her ear.

"Come back to bed, you can talk to him in the morning." I said looking her in the eye waiting for her to say bye. She did and then came out of the bathroom, following me back to our bed.

"I'm not the one calling him in the middle of the night, he always wants to talk to me, even if I can't talk." She explained as I covered her in the blankets.

"Well you just need to tell him that your mom won't let you talk to boys on the phone at 3am. Or you could just not answer." I said, joking with her. But she didn't laugh, I could tell something was bothering her. And the way she had explained how Asher was the one always wanting to call her gave me a red flag. She didn't seem to always need to be in touch with him, but he needed to be in constant contact with her.

"Really though Care, if he's making you feel like you have to talk to him all the time, even when you don't want to, and even when it's the middle of the night just tell him no. You're allowed to have a life outside of him and I don't want him to make you feel otherwise." I said, being more serious.

"Alright?" I asked.

"Alright." She said quietly.

CAROLINE'S POV

The next day Taylor was playing her second show in Germany. She was in a meet and greet and I was in her dressing room with her mom.

Asher had been texting me, the thing was that I did want to talk to him, just maybe not as often as he wanted to talk to me. And when I wouldn't text back after a while he would get mad and upset. I told myself that he was just jealous, before I left he didn't want me to go and mentioned something about me being with Taylor. I assume watching someone your close to travel the world with a celebrity might bring out some jealousy, so I forgave him.

Soon the door opened to the dressing room and Taylor came in to do her hair and make up. She usually didn't have anyone do it for her on tour, so as she was applying her makeup in front of the mirror I came over and sat in a chair beside her.

"How have you been today?" She asked me as she ran a tube of red lipstick across her lips.

"Good." I said, watching her in the mirror.

"Did you do your homework?" She asked.

"Yeah." I sighed. Homework was always the worst part about being on tour with Taylor during school. I was smart and I was able to do it without problems, but it was hard to have the motivation to do homework when you're on the other side of the world.

I watched as Taylor carefully drew on her eyeliner. I loved watching her put on her makeup before shows, she was so delicate yet focused on it. And it was some peaceful time for her and me to just still there together by ourselves before she went out on stage.

Our peaceful time was limited though, because 10 minutes later I was standing backstage and Taylor was almost ready to go on.

"I'll see you afterwards." Taylor said before wrapping me up in a hug. Then it was time her her to go on stage. Andrea and I went out into the sound booth to watch the concert and when it was over we went to the after-show meet and greet.

And that's exactly how the rest of my days were spent for the next week or so. We would get to a new city. Go to the arena. Taylor would do a meet and greet. Taylor would soundcheck. Taylor would do another meet and greet. I would get a tiny bit of peaceful time with Taylor before the show. Taylor would go on. Andrea and I would watch from the sound booth. We all would go to the after-show meet and greet and then finally at about 1am when we were back in our hotel I got to spend actual time with Taylor for the first time since the night before.

So I wasn't all that sad when it was time to go back home. It had been fun, but I was ready to be in my own house with my mom to myself.

On the plane back to Nashville I was thinking about how for the last 2 or 3 days I had actually looked forward to the constant texts from Asher, it got pretty lonely during the day. Having someone to talk to was good, even though the one I really wanted to talk to was Taylor, communication with anyone was fine by me.

When I got home I could to talk to Taylor all I wanted. But on the flip side I was going back home to reality and for me nothing good ever happens there.