Chapter 14

As promised. :) Enjoy, and let me know your thoughts afterwards.

Chapter 14

"You are kidding me. He said that? The Mariano Il Volo confessed to you?" Tyler gasped out loud, his eyes about to fall from their sockets after hearing the incredible news. I just told him that Mariano plans to pursue me starting now.

"Yes." I replied shortly, a permanent smile on my face. I still couldn't believe that Mariano would confess to me. Mariano left when Tyler arrived to give us some privacy.

"I'm so ecstatic for you. Not to burst your happy bubble, Arden, but how do you feel about it?" I know what Tyler is talking about. He knows my history. By that, I meant everything about my past. I even told him that one incident that I couldn't tell River because I know how River will react. He will be furious.

"I'm happy now, Ty, but as much as possible, I want to savor this happy moment. I don't know when depression and anxiety will rear their ugly heads." Tyler also knows that I have been diagnosed with mild depression.

He reached for my hand and nodded in understanding. "Alright, but always remember that I'm always at your service. When you need someone to talk to, just ring me up. This happened because you bottled it all up. Why am I even here in the first place?" I winced when Tyler gave me his signature glare and nagging tone.

When he heard that I was hospitalized, he almost turned his office upside down because his boss won't let him leave. There were exchanges of flowery words between him and his boss, but after ten minutes, his boss gave up. Also, he can't afford to lose Tyler over a small fight because the business will fall apart without Tyler's skills. That's how valuable he is to the company. So many huge tech companies have tried and failed to snatch Tyler. This is because Tyler is so loyal, but once he had enough, he will leave without looking back.

"What were you thinking about when you had your anxiety attack?" Tyler asked, and I told him everything. He gave me his undivided attention, listening intently to every word I say without judgment.

"Given your traumatic past, I cannot blame you for reacting that way. It will be okay soon, Arden. It may feel heavy now, but we are here to carry your share of the burden. Don't keep it all to yourself, okay?" Tyler's words sent warmth all over my chest and I couldn't help but bawl my eyes out. "Bring it in," Tyler said softly and opened his arms wide.

I accepted his offer and cried in his embrace. I would give everything for Tyler. He has been with me through my darkest days. When darkness clouded with judgment, Tyler was there to rescue me. He served as my guiding light in moments where I felt lost. I will treasure him for the rest of my life.

Before Tyler left, he made sure that I have eaten well and he gave me a quick update about his life. He also couldn't stop himself from ranting about his "stupid" boss, his words, and if his boss tried to pull another one like that again, he will resign and apply in Mariano's company.

"Are you sure? That would be great!" That would mean that I would be able to see Tyler often. Mariano would never say no to me. He never did, except when it comes to eating too much sweets.

Tyler smiled. "Don't get too excited, Arden. Applying to another company would be quite an adjustment, but Mariano's company is one of those who wants to poach me. As if I will be easily taken, but if this continues, I might as well consider transferring," Tyler said nonchalantly but I know him, including his tells.

"There's something you are not telling me," I concluded and threw him a scrutinizing gaze. "Someone has a crush," I added in a lilting voice and Tyler's flushed expression confirmed my suspicions." And I think I know who that person is; Tyler's crush, I mean.