chapter 15

(TILL NOW )

As the Underworld celebrated Riser's victory, tensions were rising, and a new chapter in the ongoing conflict between Rias Gremory and Riser Phoenix had begun. The battle for power, pride, and love in the world of devils was far from over, and the pieces were being set for the next clash.

(Back to the story)

In a luxurious chamber, a man sat before an expansive mirror. Clutched in his left hand was the most precious alcoholic elixir in the underworld, known as "Black Whiskey." This libation possessed an uncanny influence on devils, in stark contrast to the ineffectual impact that human spirits had on their formidable devil immune systems. The lore surrounding this drink harked back to a time when a magical family, centuries ago, had inadvertently summoned a potent devil in their misguided pursuit of dark magic. Though they acknowledged their error and sought forgiveness, the devil harbored different intentions. He presented them with a peculiar challenge: to inebriate him within three attempts. Twice, the magical family failed, and the devil arrogantly believed it impossible due to his formidable devil's constitution. To add intrigue, he tantalizingly offered them a potent magical boon that would empower their bloodline if they succeeded, but failure would spell the extinction of their lineage. They accepted the challenge, and in a stunning display of human desire and avarice, they managed to inebriate the devil on the final try. Bound by the contract, he was compelled to bestow a prodigious magical power upon their bloodline, at the cost of his own vitality.

The Phoenix family, upon learning of this, seized the opportunity. They forged an agreement with the magical family for the coveted recipe of the drink, vowing to eliminate all their adversaries and retain the name "BLACK" to honor that ancient magical bloodline. Thus, Black Whiskey ascended to prominence in high-class society.

Anyways Now we could see the  man's eyes were tinged with a fiery red, and a sea of Black Whiskey bottles surrounded him, a testament to his prolonged indulgence. His reflection in the mirror betrayed the depths of his inebriation.

"Why... How... How is this even possible? Why did I behave that way in the rating game? It wasn't supposed to happen. Why did I... I... kiss that red-haired woman, Rias, who was responsible for my demise in my previous world? Why do I resemble that wretched pervert, Riser, from this universe? Could it be that when my soul seized control of his body, our souls merged somehow? No, this cannot be. My soul was meant to be mightier than his. Then why... Why... do I desire that red-haired woman by my side? Why... do I find her alluring... and lose control of my emotions in her presence? Why... am I not supposed to loathe her? After all, because of her, I met my end in my original universe. Because of her, Issei and Kiba executed me. Because of her, all my intricate plans and preparations crumbled to dust, leading to the annihilation of my entire original world. If she hadn't schemed my demise, Vali wouldn't have lost his composure and clashed with Sirzech. His grandfather would never have sensed the looming alliance assault... Yes, because of her, my original world fell to ruin. Yes... she is the root cause of all the death and destruction in my original world. So why... why can't I summon hatred for her? Why... do I yearn to be with her at any cost... WHYYY!" the man bellowed, his voice trailing off into the depths of despair, his final cry shattering the mirror as he hurled his glass of Black Whiskey upon it.