Chapter 5

Scarlett's Pov

At first, it was subtle, easy to dismiss as coincidence – a stranger on the street who seemed to be in the same places I frequented, a car that appeared a little too often in my rearview mirror, it was like someone was watching my every move. I tried to rationalize it, convincing myself it was nothing, but the unease continued to grow.

It wasn't a new experience for me, as reporters had often trailed me due to Jules' prominent status in the corporate world. However, this time, there was a distinct sense of unease accompanying my every outing, and that feeling was entirely unfamiliar.

I was getting ready for my office when I thought of my meeting with Noah yesterday but during that time too, I felt an unfamiliar gaze on me, shaking my head I thought about Noah, it struck me that neither of us are interested in this marriage, which, in a strange way, meant I could redirect my attention toward my company more.

As I reached for my car keys and prepared to lock my apartment door, my gaze landed on a note affixed to it, and I froze in my tracks. The message, written in red ink, sent shivers down my spine: "I wish only I could see how pretty you are." I scanned my surroundings, and an icy sensation washed over me, causing my heart to race. With trembling hands, I swiftly secured the door lock and then took the note with me.

My pulse raced with anxiety as I clutched the unsettling note in my hands. It was as if the air had grown heavier, and every sound in the hallway became magnified. I strained to hear any sign of movement, but all I could hear was the sound of my own rapid breathing.

Dread weighed heavily on my shoulders as I wondered who could have left this eerie message I knew I couldn't just stand frozen in the doorway. I took a deep breath and, made my way towards the lift, the only sound that filled my ears was the rapid, labored rhythm of my breath, and the time to reach the ground floor seemed to stretch on endlessly.

As I drove away from my apartment, I couldn't shake the feeling of being watched. This was no ordinary intrusion; it was a sinister reminder that my life had taken a deeply unsettling turn. My mind raced, trying to piece together the puzzle of this ominous note and the person behind it.

As I headed towards the office elevator and selected my floor, I contemplated whether to report the stalker but ultimately decided against it, opting to handle the situation personally. Just as the lift doors were about to close, a hand suddenly appeared, and Shaun entered. "Good morning, Boss," he greeted, and I responded with a roll of my eyes at his words, saying, "Good morning, Shaun," with a particular emphasis on his name.

"Why the early morning bad mood?" Shaun inquired, displaying concern. "It's nothing," I responded, deciding not to burden Shaun with this issue. Instead, I resolved to put it behind me and concentrate on the day ahead, lifting my spirits.

Shaun exited the elevator on his floor, and as he departed, he cheerily exclaimed, "Wishing you a great day!" while giving me a comical double thumbs-up. I responded with a smile.

Upon reaching my floor, I made my way to the office, and my secretary, Mary, approached me. "Good morning, ma'am. Mr. Jules is waiting for you in your office," she informed me. I nodded in acknowledgment and proceeded into my office.

"How are you, Scarlett?" my father inquired as I approached him, extending his arms for a hug. I embraced him and replied, "I'm doing well, Father."

As we both settled on the sofa, I asked, "What brought you here today?"

He responded with a smile in his eyes, "I've heard you've met Noah. What do you think of him?"

I glanced downward, puzzled by his sudden interest because he hadn't asked for my opinion when he arranged my marriage to Noah. "Father, I can't truly judge someone after just one meeting," I replied with a sigh.

My father nodded, a somewhat rueful expression crossing his face. "You're right, Scarlett, I am sorry for this this with you" he admitted. "But I know you will love him one day, he is a good man and I hope you'll have the chance to get to know him better over time. Your happiness is important to me."

"What brings you here?" I asked again avoiding this conversation but despite the unconventional circumstances, he genuinely cared about my well-being.

He declared, "I've scheduled your engagement date, and I'd like you to make your relationship with Noah public." I stared at him in disbelief and exclaimed, "What?"

-------------------------------------------------------

Hello guys,

Like, Comment and follow for faster updates.

Follow my insta: joy_karwasra