Chapter 8

Noah's Pov

Today, I have a meeting scheduled with Benjamin Jules to discuss the terms of our deal as the engagement is done. He is obligated to adhere to the terms, which involve supporting my company so that it can get back to its feet.

Benjamin holds significant influence in the business world, and if our company secures his support, it will only be a matter of time before Cartel Enterprises returns to its former glory.

After such a long time, I am feeling happy. When my father wakes up, he will see that I am capable of handling the company, that I can do everything he was not able to do.

I was sitting in the office, preparing the documents I would need to present in the meeting, when my secretary knocked on the door, informing me that it's time for the meeting.

.......

I was waiting in the conference hall when Benjamin Jules arrived. "Noah, my son, how are you?" he said as he took his seat.

I plastered a smile on my face. "I am good. How are you, Mr. Jules?"

"Oh, you can call me father since you are going to be my son-in-law," he said, fake laughing.

Sometimes I really don't understand people; what is the need for this fake drama? But I will have to play along for now.

"No, I am good. Now, let's discuss our deal. These are the documents; take a look," I said while forwarding the file.

"Yeah, yeah, we will come to that, but first, I want you to hear my conditions for this marriage," he said, putting aside the documents.

I scowled at him. What more conditions are there? "You had the condition that I marry your daughter, and I am doing that. I can't remember anything else you said while putting this forward," I said in a firm tone.

This man was a businessman through and through, and there is no benefit in talking to him in a soft tone; he would just take advantage of you.

"The situation was different before, and I am marrying my daughter to you, so there are some things I have to do to make sure she lives comfortably," Benjamin said, looking into my eyes.

"What is it?" I asked, not in the mood to waste any time.

"Firstly, I want you two to live with each other from now on."

"What?" What the hell is this old man spouting right now? Why the hell would I stay with her?

"It's just what I said. You two are going to live together, and you will sign this contract," he said nonchalantly while handing me a paper.

I was looking at him bewildered, but it didn't have any effect on the old man.

I looked at the contract in front of me and what I saw made me freeze in shock. How could he do this?

...............

Don't forget to like and follow!

Next will be updated soon.