Chapter 7

Author's Pov

Scarlett couldn't comprehend why Noah was turning this into a major issue, she was already annoyed with that creep and now Noah was also giving her a headache. She just wanted it all to end. She stopped fighting and looked at him, "why are you acting like this marriage is real?"

Noah snapped out of his reverie, releasing Scarlett's hand and regaining his composure. He slid his hands into his pockets, stood upright, and declared, "I hope this no one doesn't cause any issues during the marriage ceremony," his tone stern, before briskly leaving the scene.

Scarlett took a deep breath, her wrist throbbing from Noah's earlier grip. The day seemed to be worsening by the minute. For weeks, she had been relentlessly stalked by a stranger. The day before she found out that this mysterious stalker is none other than Adrian Winters, a big figure in the fashion industry, with his company "Saze" dominating the fashion industry.

Today he even came to her engagement, the man Noah wanted to know was Adrian. Scarlett couldn't fathom why he had fixated on her, from sending flowers to her office to following her everywhere, he has done it all.

This wasn't Scarlett's first encounter with such attention. She had been popular since her college days. However, dealing with Adrian posed a difficult challenge. As her company, "Ample," has just started and is struggling greatly, Scarlett couldn't afford to provoke him. Adrian held enough influence to destroy her business in a single day if he chose to.

Complicating matters further, Scarlett couldn't turn to her father for support. He had been unsupportive of her company from the beginning.

She would have to handle this matter calmly, and perhaps Adrian would give up now that he knew she was engaged.

Noah, her fiancé—she didn't expect him to be so short-tempered. She had perceived him as a calm and patient person, but she was wrong; he was nowhere near calm.

She just wanted this party to end so that she could think about everything happening in her life calmly.

An attendant came looking for her and said, "Ma'am, it's time for cake cutting; everyone is waiting for you." Scarlett looked at her and said, "Alright, I am coming."

Scarlett smoothed her red gown and made her way towards the cake-cutting ceremony, all the while thinking that there was really no need for a cake cutting; it was just an engagement and not a marriage. However, knowing her mother, she understood how extravagant she could be.

Noah's Pov

Everything occurred in a blur, and I didn't encounter that man again. After consulting Sam, I discovered the man was Adrian Winters. What confuses me is why Scarlett didn't want me to know about him.

It doesn't matter to me who he is; I shouldn't concern myself with these trivial matters as I have more significant issues to address. This marriage is nothing but a deal and it should stay that way.

Now that the deal is finalized, I should focus on building up my company. I want everyone to know that Noah Cartel was and is powerful.

After the ceremony, I went to my office to handle some important documents, as now is a crucial time for our company, and I can't afford to waste a second of it.

Don't forget to like and follow.

Next will be updated soon.