Chapter 10

Author's Pov

"What the heck are you doing in my apartment?" Scarlett shouted.

"What?" Noah questioned, taken aback by her outburst.

"Wait... wait a second. You don't know?" Noah didn't want to believe that her father hadn't told her. Already stressed by everything, and now this—fucking great.

"Know what?"

"That, according to your dearest father, we are to stay together from now on," Noah said, stressing every word.

Scarlett was speechless, no words coming out of her mouth as she stood there frozen. Noah walked to the fridge and started looking for something to eat.

"Are you seriously going to stay at my house?" Scarlett asked, turning towards the man who was rummaging through her fridge.

"Well, why not, love? The house is great," Noah said, not even looking towards her.

Scarlett sighed loudly, holding her face, and left from there. In her room, she called her father.

"I didn't sign up for this," she told him.

Benjamin replied, "I know, but sweetheart, you have to get to know each other before marriage, right?"

"Seriously, Dad, why are you doing this to me?" she yelled frustratingly.

"Scarl..." Scarlett cut the call mid-sentence and sat on her bed, holding her head.

She went to the kitchen to find Noah eating her pasta. "What are you doing here?" she asked again.

"I just told you," Noah said.

"No, not that. What are you getting out of this?" she asked, hoping to find out his motives.

Noah chuckled and looked at her. "Well, I get to live with my fiancée. What more do I need, huh?"

Scarlett had had enough of his nonsense. This wasn't how she thought he would be after their first meeting, but guess what, you can't judge a book by its cover.

She was going to give him a piece of her mind when her phone tinged.

She looked at her phone and groaned internally; Adrian had again changed his number. She had blocked his number dozens of times, but he just wouldn't give up.

She looked at Noah to find him already looking at her, probably trying to decipher her mood.

"You want some?" Noah offered her pasta.

"No thanks" she said and stormed out of the apartment.

She needed a break from all of this, why can't everything just go her way.

Noah felt bad for a sec but then it didn't really matter to him, he just had to keep his side of the deal and didn't give a fuck about anything else.

................

It was late at night when Scarlett returned drunk out of her wits, she stumbled her through the hall to find Noah working on his laptop.

"You," she slurred, pointing her finger at him and nearly falling multiple times on her way.

Noah looked up to find Scarlett approaching, clearly drunk. "Scarlett," he said, unsure if the woman he was seeing right now was the same poised woman he knew.

Noah put aside his laptop and was about to stand up when she fell on him, grabbing his collar and saying, "What do you want from me? Huh? Is it money that you want?" She started spouting everything that came to her mind. Noah really didn't like drunk people, and the reason is just this.

"I don't want anything from you. Now, why don't you go to your room?" he said, trying to get her off.

"Shut up," Scarlett slurred, putting her finger on his lips and freezing Noah on the spot.

Noah looked into her eyes, hazel to grey. Scarlett had her eyes half closed and didn't seem to know what she was doing.

"You don't know anything," she whispered, putting her head on his shoulder.

Noah just sat there frozen, unsure of what to do in this situation.

"No one loves me" she suddenly said in a small voice, Noah looked at her and saw tears dropping out of her eyes.

Scarlett was feeling very lonely and Noah could relate to this feeling of loneliness very well.

Noah was about to tell her to go to her room when Scarlett suddenly grabbed him by his neck and kissed him, it was just a peck and then she dozed off and fell on his lap.

............

Like and follow guys.

Next will be updated soon.