Chapter 13: "Broken Promises, Rekindled Hope"

Shoto, standing in the fading daylight, found himself overwhelmed with a mixture of emotions. His promise to Momo, made during their childhood, echoed in his mind like a haunting melody. He had vowed, "Our bond isn't going anywhere, Momo. We'll find a way to keep it strong, no matter where we are." But as the years went by, he realized he couldn't keep that promise.

Shoto's Pov:

When we were children, I made a promise to Momo, a promise I couldn't keep. I told her our bond would remain unbreakable, no matter the circumstances. But life took a different turn, and I was consumed by guilt.

The weight of my father's expectations, the pressure to become a Pro Hero, had me in its grip. It felt like I was constantly walking on a tightrope, trying to balance between his demands and my dreams. My father's cold demeanor and relentless push for perfection left little room for anything else.

The guilt of not keeping in touch with Momo was a heavy burden. Those three years felt like an eternity, and the pain of knowing she was left waiting in vain was unbearable. I missed her, our laughter, our shared dreams, and those small moments that made our friendship special.

But now, as we stand here together, I'm filled with hope. The promise we made, the bond we share, I want to honor it, to make up for those lost years. I won't let my past failures define our future. Our friendship will be stronger than ever before, and I'll do whatever it takes to keep that promise.

Shoto's monologue revealed the reasons behind his inability to keep in touch with Momo and the guilt he carried during those years of separation. It also conveyed his determination to make amends and strengthen their bond once more.