Chapter 39 „Echoes of Truth"

In the aftermath of the devastating battle, Momo found herself caught in the turbulent currents of emotion. Tears streamed down her face as she and her classmates gathered around their fallen teacher's lifeless form. The weight of responsibility pressed heavily on her shoulders, and she couldn't shake the guilt that clung to her heart.

"Was it my fault?" Momo whispered to herself, her voice trembling. The poise and grace that usually defined her demeanor crumbled beneath the weight of self-blame. She replayed the moments in her mind, scrutinizing each decision, each plan, searching for a way she could have altered the outcome.

Her classmates, too, were lost in their grief, and the collective sorrow echoed through the room. In the midst of their shared pain, Momo couldn't escape the haunting question: Could she have done more?

When they finally returned, the news of Dabi's revelation tore through the air like a storm. Momo's heart sank as the truth unfolded about the Todoroki family's painful history. She listened, aghast, to the revelations of abuse, neglect, and Shoto's suffering. The news hit her like a tidal wave, and the image of Shoto's stoic facade crumbled in her mind.

"He never told me," Momo thought, a mix of shock and hurt swirling within her. She had believed that Shoto had opened up to her, shared his burdens, but the truth remained veiled in silence. The chasm of the unspoken widened, leaving Momo grappling with the realization that she never truly knew the depth of Shoto's pain.

As the weight of this new understanding settled upon her, Momo's thoughts were drawn to the group Shoto had dispatched to the hospital. Uncertainty gnawed at her, and she couldn't shake the fear that the consequences of their actions might ripple through their lives for years to come.