Chapter 34 „A Battle of Hearts"

After the exam is over the Joint Training between Class 1A and 1B unfolded with fervor, marred by controversy due to the biased reporting by the 1B teacher. Amidst the protests against the unfair judgments, students fought passionately, determined to prove their worth.

Surprisingly, Shoto, known for his stoic demeanor, joined the protest, when it was Momo's turn on the battlefield. His unexpected fervor resonated, turning the tide of dissent.

 His unexpected fervor resonated, turning the tide of dissent

In the midst of this, it was Momo's turn to shine. Fueled by Shoto's earlier encouragement, she approached the exercise with newfound confidence. Despite her group facing defeat, Momo's performance captivated the onlookers, earning her respect.

Concerned for her well-being, Shoto approached Momo after the battle. To his surprise, she radiated happiness.

Shoto approached Momo, a sense of camaraderie lingering in the air after the intense joint training.

Shoto: "Hey, Momo. That was quite a battle out there."

Momo, smiling brightly: "Thanks, Shoto. I appreciate your support. It meant a lot."

Shoto, a hint of curiosity: "You seem surprisingly upbeat despite the loss. Aren't you disappointed?"

Momo, chuckling softly: "For some reason, I don't even feel bad about losing. I think it's because we gave it our all, and the experience was worth it."

Shoto, nodding: "True. Your performance was impressive. It's like you've gained a new level of confidence."

Momo: "Your words before the match really helped, Shoto. It made a difference. We fought well."

Shoto, with a rare smile: "I'm glad to hear that. Teamwork and support matter, especially in tough situations."

Momo, playfully nudging him: "You sound almost sentimental, Shoto."

Shoto, a bit sheepish: "Well, maybe I'm learning a thing or two from you."

Their laughter echoed in the aftermath, weaving a thread of friendship strengthened by shared challenges and victories.

——

The joint training pressed on, unveiling Shoto's intense battle against an opponent who disrupted his usual tactics. Faced with the haunting memories of his past, Shoto refused to be defined by them and pressed on, unleashing a technique inspired by his father, the Flash Fire Fist.

 Faced with the haunting memories of his past, Shoto refused to be defined by them and pressed on, unleashing a technique inspired by his father, the Flash Fire Fist

However, just as victory seemed within grasp, a twist of fate intervened. A falling pipe struck Shoto, leading to his temporary unconsciousness. He awoke to the news of the match being declared a draw.

Yet, what transpired in the depths of that battle, the struggles he faced, and the echoes of his father's influence remained shrouded in secrecy. Shoto chose to keep those details close to his heart, a private realm where the shadows of his past were cast anew.