Chapter Twenty-Five: Marry Me

"Make way for the king!" someone cried, and the crowd in the street parted the best it could to allow passage. Emmet perked up as his father approached, smiling brightly.

"I thought I would find you here," Sirius muttered in fond exasperation. "Enjoying yourself?"

"I am! Are you joining us?"

"Seeing as I got forcefully evicted from my study, I figured I might as well." Emmet let out a giggle. Sirius glanced down at the plate Emmet held, piled high with pastries, and snagged one for himself. The prince snickered softly. "Mm. These are good. So. Are we going to be having any more incidents in the future?"

"No," Emmet said. "I think I've had enough adventure to last me a lifetime. No more leaving the palace without a proper escort."

"Now? Now you listen to me?" He sighed at the sheepish grin Emmet gave him. "I suppose some lessons can only be learned the hard way."

"...I'm sorry I made you worry so much."

Sirius took Emmet's plate, setting it aside before pulling him close. "It was for a good cause," he allowed. "I'm- I'm proud of you, for being able to find a peaceful solution."

"Well I didn't do it all by myself. Princess Lotte really isn't so bad after all."

Sirius smirked at him. "But you still don't want to marry her."

"I don't think she really wants to marry me either," the prince admitted.

"Would that be because someone else has caught my son's eye?" Emmet chewed his lip. "A certain pirate captain, perhaps?"

Emmet blushed deeply, hiding his face in his father's shoulder. "I didn't think you'd notice," came his muffled reply.

"Goodness, Emmet, give me some credit, I'm not that oblivious. Nor are you as good at hiding it as you seem to think." He chuckled softly at the embarrassed whimper Emmet gave.

"You're not mad...?"

"Mad?"

"That's it's not a princess that I like. Or at least someone from one of the noble families..."

Sirius sighed softly, gently rubbing his back. "No, Emmet. I'm not mad."

"What are you thinking, then?"

"How much work it's going to take to get this one passed- oof!" he wheezed as Emmet's hug tightened considerably. "Emmet. Air."

Metalbeard  had left the day after they'd returned to Bricksport, bringing his  family back with him when he returned once more

Metalbeard had left the day after they'd returned to Bricksport, bringing his family back with him when he returned once more. The Callaghans waited at the docks to meet the captain's wife and children, each family thrilled to no longer be the only ones.

"Much as I knew leaving my flock for Jonas was the right thing to do, I must admit, I've missed being part of one," Pearl said as she was greeted by Ma and Pa.