Ch. 7 Seven Minutes in Heaven ♱☽🦇☾♱

There's a knock at your door. You fix your hair in the mirror then rush to leave.

There he is,

dressed up as a vampire.

He's wearing a beautiful vintage, tailored suit. His waves are tamed back. He has a bit of fake blood dripping from his bottom lip to his jaw then down to his neck. He really committed to the part.

You discussed costume ideas a few days before the party. You came up with the idea of dressing up as gothic style vampires; you'd been watching vampire romances all week, though you left that part out. Miguel was hesitant at first, said it would be too flashy, but after you showed him your pinterest board, and some whining and convincing, he agreed.

You've got the look down: a long, black vintage dress, fake blood around your lips, chin, and down your arms, jewelry adorning your collarbones, and fangs you've glued onto your canines.

Your dress hugs you in all the right places. Your bust is bursting, practically spilling out of the bodice. It accentuates your curves, tightly hugging your waist and hips. You look and you feel the best you've felt in a really long time.

Seeing Miguel like this, at your door, makes the butterflies in your stomach go wild. You never thought he'd see you like this, so grown up, blossomed, and beautiful. And you never thought you'd see him like this.

Your eyes meet, then part, as they explore each other's figures. He quickly looks back up, keeping a straight face, like he didn't just gulp at the sight of your curves.

"This hot vamp look really suits you."

"Hot?"

He furrows his brows and smiles, exposing his fangs, as he slides a hand over his waves.

"Wait, your fangs... I'm impressed."

"A vampire needs a good pair of fangs. I'm not an idiot."

"I'm learning that..." you mutter looking him up and down.

****

Miguel introduces you to your floor neighbors, in a way that makes you feel like you're his. You look like you belong to each other, but you push those thoughts away. He was kind enough to welcome you and introduce you to his friends. You're neighbors. Friendly neighbors.

Your neighbors welcome you, you have multiple small-talk conversations, and most of them ask how you know Miguel. You both say you're neighbors who've just met a few days ago. You're both liars.

Alicia, the host of the party, calls him out for not attending more of their get-togethers, and he promises he'll come out more often, as he turns to look at you.

You all start the night off with one shot of tequila then disperse through her apartment.

You and Alicia click, as Miguel stands by sipping at a mixed something, listening, and secretly laughing at your tangents.

After a bit, you both end up alone at the kitchen counter.

"I think I want to drink a lot tonight. I need it."

He nods slowly, trying to read your face as he sips his drink.

"If that's what you want, okay. I'll drink with you."

He pours you another shot. You cheers then both down it. You wince at the aftertaste, then look up at an unfazed Miguel.

The music progressively gets louder as the apartment becomes more full. You move to the rhythm, barely dancing, not drunk enough to let him witness it. Miguel smiles, sipping at his drink, leaning against the counter.