Ch. 13 A... vampire ♱❦︎₊°

"Vel, keep him down!"

"I am!" Velvet's claws are digging into yet another agent hunting down Miguel. She's on her knees, constraining the huge man, as Miguel punches and slams him down, questioning and cursing at him.

"He's tracking you!" Vel nods at his neck. Miguel ignores this, too caught up in the violence.

"Last chance. Who sent you?!" he growls, slamming the agent down again.

"They're onto you, Miguel. You can't run forever," he grins, blood covering his face.

"They're tracking you, Miguel. Cut it out, or I'll tear it out!" her claws are on his neck, nails beginning to pierce his skin.

The crimson in his eyes glows brighter; he knows what he has to do.

His fangs rip into his neck; he spits the tracker out onto his palm. A puddle of blood begins to surround him.

****

Once again, the noise from the other side of that wall kept you up: Slamming, yelping, and shouted conversation.

You contemplated knocking, you paced in the hall between your doors, and you thought about everything you'd witnessed up until now. But the stubborn voice in your head demanded you go to your fire escape, demanded you look through his window, and creep on your neighbor, something you were sure he'd done before.

To your luck, it was raining, but from what you could see through the glass, two figures hovered over one, slamming and fighting with the one being pinned on the floor.

Is it him? Could he be the one being beat into the ground?

You slowly, carefully slid the window up, the beating rain covering up the noise you made as you slipped inside.

You know you're in the wrong, you know you might end up pinned on the ground beside him, but it's instinctual. Your body is on autopilot, out of your control, and now,

you're here

looking onto the bloody scene. Vel looks up at you, but she's quickly absorbed into the background. All you see is Miguel, blood smeared across his face after he just ripped that man's neck out.

You try to catch your breath, your thoughts race as you try to make sense of how it all led to this. You knew he was different, but this was the cold, hard truth cruelly slapped into your face.

He looks up, blood dripping from his lips.

The bloodthirsty creature you just watched tear up a man, becomes human, his face softens, looking across the room at you.

You stumble back, losing balance, vision becoming blurry.

Then Velvet comes back into view, now right in front of you.

"Sorry, pretty girl,"

And the blur becomes black.

****

You hear them before you see them.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?"

"We had a mission and she interrupted it! I already told you! I needed her to sleep for a bit so we could finish up. Come on Spidey, look, wow, how convenient: we've cleaned up a bit, you had some time to gather your thoughts, and now, perfect, we can properly inform her."

"What about her? Was she given that same time to gather her thoughts? That same consideration before you knocked the shit out of her? And there's no 'we,' you already fucked this up. Pinche idiota."