Ch. 12 ⊱From the Outside⊰

(omniscient narrator)

"Your window was locked; that's a first."

"I started locking it after you."

Vel pulls out a pack and starts to light a cigarette in the middle of the living room.

"No, no. Not in here. Go do that on the fire escape."

She points at the joint resting in the ashtray beside the couch. It's unburnt.

"And that? What's it for, huh?"

"I'm saving it. It was a gift."

"Someone gifted you a joint?"

"Go outside!"

He pushes against her back, forcing her to stumble to the window.

She crawls through the window, then stands, smoking, fashionably, scowling at Miguel through the window.

"I've given you thorough explanations as to why those things are slowly killing you."

"Yeah, not again. Keep it to yourself, Spidey."

He exhales, dragging his hand down his face.

"Ha! There it is. Love making you suicidal. It's so entertaining," she grins, cigarette still burning between her teeth.

"You're evil."

"I wonder if pretty girl is up..." she mutters, leaving her lit cigarette on the bricks under his window.

"Pinche–," Miguel rushes to put it out.

She crawls to Y/N's fire escape. Careful not to be seen through her window.

He cusses her out, whisper-yelling at her to come back.

"Hey! Idiota! Get away from the window! Don't drag her into your mess."

"Oh? Like you did?"

"She doesn't know about any of it, Vel."

"Mmm, the way you say it. 'Vel,'... you just say it differently... missed that." Velvet drags her nails down his back, as he stares into Y/N's window. He shakes from the chills she's just given him. He abruptly pulls his shoulder away from her. "Stop it, for fuck's sake. God, you're so annoying," he hisses.

"She's a good girl, Mig, super cool. I know you like her, I know, but we both know how these things end for us. People like us... 'monsters' like us, we don't get to have that." She points to Y/N, her index finger resting on the glass. She looks back at Miguel, who's looking in, face softened, she can tell he's weak for her.

"Velvet and Y/N, mmm has a nice ring to it. I could use a good fling," she hums, starting to tap on the glass, knowing it'll push his buttons.

Miguel grabs her finger and shoves it down.

"You're going to stay away from her. You think I'm trouble? Velvet," he growls, smirking, condescendingly, towering over her.

"We go way back. I've seen what you can do. You've hurt good people. You're real trouble."

She pushes him. "Asshole. So have you."

She peeks over his shoulder, looking at a sleeping Y/N.

"I meant it though. She's good. Wouldn't want to add her name to your kill count, even if it's accidental. Take care of her, Mig."

She walks back to his window, but Miguel lingers, still staring into her window.

"I'm trying."

୨୧ soooooo next chapter is going to blow your socks off hjdmvnsdjfd can't wait for you guys to read it... possibly tomorrow... ₓₒ⋆:°*