✧ 32 ✧

Thank you for 5k read!!! 😭❤️❤️❤️

The woman was humming a soft but eerie lullaby tune

The woman was humming a soft but eerie lullaby tune. The gory details of her back were still visible behind the bars of the wooden chair she was sitting on. She was doing something with the knives in her hands, something that made an annoying screeching sound.

Ilya cautiously moved around the table to sit across from the woman, away from her with the table separating them. Ilya was terrified of her, not knowing what was on her mind, inviting him to an empty plate placed so awkwardly on that disgustingly neat dining table.

"Come along now." She gestured towards the chair. "Take a seat."

Ilya carefully pulled the chair across from the woman and sat down without blinking. His eyes never left her, watching every odd behavior.

He saw her smiling with her elbows on the table, holding two knives. She kept herself busy, sharpening one of the knives with the other.

Then his eyes glanced at the weapons on his side of the table, a fork and a knife. He slowly reached for the sharper object and pulled it under the table.

The woman started humming again.

"Umm." Ilya gulped. "What are we having?"

A bead of sweat reflected the lights from the candles. He stared at her, waiting for her reply. Her face made him so uncomfortable, ashy pale and stained with a fluid that was now visible against the candle fire—blood.

The lady abruptly stopped what she was doing and gave Ilya a smirk behind the shadow of her messy pile of fiery red hair.

"You."

Ilya's eyes turned round and big with dread. His green irises flickered with the burning flames of the unscented candles. The moment the woman uttered that word was the moment Ilya noticed something about the plate—it was big enough to hold a human head in it.

This woman was about to chop his head and serve it on that plate.

With the screech of the chair legs against the floor, the woman backed away and hopped on the table. Her limbs and shredded dark clothes were spread like a spider holding a pair of knives.

She hissed with dirty teeth, "I want your brain."

Ilya gasped and pushed away from the table, but not before she jumped at him. He fell backward to the floor, breaking the chair underneath him.

The woman was on top of him, laughing like a crazy joker before plunging one of the knives at him.

"Aaah," the boy screamed.

He instinctively pulled his arm up to cover his face and managed to block her attack with his bandaged wrist. He groaned from the painful impact but kept fighting her off of him.