✧ 38 ✧

Hi! I noticed a surge of new readers to this story and want to properly welcome you :D
Also, I want to ask you: How did you find my story?
Do you like it so far?

That's it ^-^

Enjoy the new chapter!

And remember that every vote helps a story rank, and every comment makes a writer happy.

Ilya's headache worsened to the point that he started pulling at his hair, squeezing some strands between his fingers to feel anything but this headache

Ilya's headache worsened to the point that he started pulling at his hair, squeezing some strands between his fingers to feel anything but this headache. His condition had already messed with his brain. He lost track of his surroundings and didn't notice Beast walking in until he spoke.

"Here."

Ilya wearily opened his eyes and saw two big palms handing him a cup of water and some pills. He gazed up at Beast's blurring face, confused, suspicious even, but mostly tired of his sick games.

But then Beast assured him, "This will help you with the pain."

His voice was soft and sincere. Malice was not part of his tone anymore. Ilya even felt Beast's sympathy towards him, which was weird as hell coming from that soulless monster.

However, Ilya didn't have it in him to fight or argue. He was barely keeping his eyes open, barely holding on to dear life.

Ilya smiled, a tiny brief smile as he remembered that his suffering would end soon. Still, he would eat anything at this point to ease this killer headache. And so, the boy extended a trembling hand and took the medicine from Beast's hand and into his mouth. He brought the cup to his lips and gulped the water and the pills down.

Once finished, Ilya returned his head against the wall. He pulled the warm coat around him like a big blanket as he buckled back to his corner. Despite the thickness of the coat, Ilya shivered. Beads of sweat glistened on his forehead. Dark threads of hair slicked along the sides of his paling face.

Ilya felt trapped in his sick body, this freezing cold, and the presence of Beast.

Beast started shuffling some stuff. He had come back with a first-aid kit in his hands. He grabbed a needle and a thread and sat cross-legged in front of Ilya.

"Now." He grunted as he leaned over, then suddenly recoiled. "Woah!"

Ilya was taken aback when Beast demonstrated a worried reaction. The big scary beast almost gasped, and all Ilya could think about was What's he looking at?

"What?" Ilya said in a frail voice, with eyes slightly widening. "Is something wrong with my face?"

"Umm... Nope. Nothing is wrong. Who said there's something wrong?"

Beast stared at Ilya's wound, but he couldn't bear to say what bothered him. For the boy's sanity, Beast had to lie.

"Anyway." Beast cleared his throat and came closer. "Let me take a look at that wound, shall I?"