✧ 47 ✧

Thank you for 20k reads!! 🙊❤️❤️❤️

The thought of staying at that dreadful hospital of death put Ilya into a state of shock

The thought of staying at that dreadful hospital of death put Ilya into a state of shock. The color drained from his beautiful eyes. His mouth moved, but he couldn't utter a word.

What's happening? Ilya gulped. Why can't we stay here?

Ilya wanted to talk, but the more he looked at Billy, the more he realized something. 

The glint in those sharp brown eyes held a dangerous trait—Possessiveness. It scared Ilya to the point he didn't dare to protest... Until Greg came along.

"You're not staying here?" Greg said as he wiggled in his chair until he got up. "But it's freezing outside."

With an ominous turn of his head, Billy said one word that had too much weight for Ilya to handle.

"No."

Billy was acting as if Ilya belonged to him. The possessiveness showing through his eyes scared Ilya. Even if Billy wasn't the same as Beast, he had his issues. It was obvious when he wouldn't let Ilya go. He wouldn't leave him alone. In fact, now that Ilya thought of it, Billy had never left this room since he woke up.

Ilya had to detach Billy from him. It wasn't a healthy human relationship. It was monstrous.

When Ilya saw Greg coming into the picture, he gathered his courage and uttered what was in his mind.

"I-I wanna stay with Pig—" he blushed, then quickly corrected, "I-I mean Greg."

"No."

Billy repeated his answer, looking down at his clasped hands, trying so hard to control his temper.

"That's actually not a bad idea," Greg said, carefully resting a hand on Billy's shoulder. "Let the kid stay here. I could use some help."

"I said no!"

Billy snapped and glared at Greg. His werewolf canines were visible.

Ilya flinched and covered his ears when he heard the roar. He curled up on himself and braced for Beast to show up. He couldn't see his eyes, as Billy was looking the other way at Greg, but Ilya imagined those horrible yellow eyes staring at him.

Please, don't come back. Ilya was shaking. Don't come back.

Greg felt threatened and backed away. He raised his hands and snorted.

"You know?" Greg said in a calm tone. "You can stay here too. You're always welcomed, old friend."

The tension in his grips lessened. His fangs slowly disappeared behind his lips. Billy relaxed when he heard those friendly words and realized how unreasonable he had been.

Billy rubbed his temples and said, "Fine."

Ilya peeked from his blanket to check the colors of Billy's eyes. They were still brown. He let out a breath of relief and quietly celebrated the little win.

Finally, a nice place to sleep in.

"Great!" Greg took away the plates and said, "Time to sleep."

After a good hygiene routine where Ilya had a pair of loosely fitting clothes and used the bathroom, the lights went off except for a nightlight by the side table. Greg moved to his bedroom, and to Ilya's horror, Billy tossed a pillow on the floor next to the couch and spread his blanket.

Billy was planning to sleep next to Ilya. He was never going to let him out of his sight.

Ilya stayed on the couch, but on the carpet beneath him, Billy lay down to sleep.

"Get some rest," Billy said before he turned over. "And don't worry about anything. You're on the 13th floor. It's safe here."

Ilya didn't believe him. How could he when the very definition of danger was in the same room as him? But what else was he supposed to do? The apartment was on the 13th floor, and all the exits were filled with deadly traps. Ilya curled up in his blanket and tried to close his eyes and calm his thoughts enough to let him sleep.

Exhaustion finally got to him and forced him into a dreamless sleep. He felt like he had fainted and turned his senses off from the dangerous world around him. And God knows he needed that.

It was tiring to stay awake with constant fear weighing on his shoulders.

Time to let go.

BANG!

Ilya woke up from a thundering sound. A sound so loud that it made him jolt up with a heavy gasp. A sound that made his ears ring and his world spin.

A sound so threatening that it reminded him of the first thing he heard when he stepped into this town—A gunshot.

Well, that was scary 😢

The next chapter will be out tomorrow ;D

Yes! You read it right! A double update for reaching 20k reads!! :D

❣️IF YOU LIKED IT, PLEASE VOTE & COMMENT ❣️