✧ 41 ✧

THANK YOU FOR 10K READS 🙊❤️

A place filled with warmth. A comfortable soft surface underneath him and a cozy cover on top. Calmer breathing, lesser pain, and a disappearing headache.

What's happening?

In his half-waking hour, Ilya heard the distorted speech of people. He couldn't make up what they were saying, but along with them came a heavy smell of cigarettes.

Ilya scrunched his nose before slowly opening his weary eyes.

The first thing he saw was a chandelier. Its soft lights traced the vibrant colors of his irises that he once lost. Shades of green and blue, like a forest meeting an ocean with a shining golden sun in its center.

Then he saw the IVs attached to his arm. A clear bag of liquid was hanging right beside him. The bag was still half full. Ilya didn't try to remove it as he knew it was the thing that saved him from falling into a diabetic coma.

His eyes roamed the rest of this place; a three-seat sofa he was sleeping on, striped patterns of wallpaper decorated the walls, cozy furniture with colorful fabrics, sheer curtains pulled at the corners to show the sight of heavy snowfall from the windows, two leather recliner chairs were facing—

Ilya's eyes abruptly stopped.

Windows!

They went wide and returned to what was built behind those two curtains. He wasn't mistaken. This place had windows.

Where am I?

He recalled the last place he had been to; that awful hospital, with Beast looming over him, like a shadow he couldn't outrun.

His heart rate elevated for a mere second. Then a shuddering breath left his pale lips.

This place is nice.

He struggled to keep his eyes open. Sleepy, but not sick anymore, Ilya wanted to forget about this town and rest. However, his survival instinct kicked in when he realized he wasn't alone.

Two distinct voices entered his space.

"I'm telling you," a voice said with a South Asian accent. "Those filthy Russians are behind all of this!"

Ilya quickly closed his eyes and pretended to be sleeping. It took him a lot of willpower to lower his heart rate and his breathing to a calmer tune. Especially after he heard how angry this person was about the Russians, his father's nationality.

"I swear, if I ever see one, I'll send a bullet right through their eyes."

Ilya heard a weighty thud on a squeaking chair, followed by a grunt from that man.

Then came a voice Ilya recognized immediately—Beast's voice.

"Is that why your big ass is always sitting on this damn chair?"