Vettriana had been deeply engrossed in her magical studies, spending days researching and seeking guidance from Kauis

Vettriana had been deeply engrossed in her magical studies, spending days researching and seeking guidance from Kauis. However, one day, she decided to explore the Manor to get better acquainted with her new surroundings during her extended stay. As she roamed the grand estate, she noticed Snr Laylâk exiting his private office. This sparked her curiosity, and she felt a compelling urge to sneak a peek, hoping to uncover hidden secrets and revelations.

Vettriana patiently waited for Snr Laylâk to depart for an unknown reason. Once she was certain he was gone, she seized the opportunity to enter his office, feeling compelled to uncover hidden secrets. To her surprise, the door was unlocked. As she stepped inside, a sense of déjà vu washed over her, reminiscent of the day she had requested an audience with him.

Her curiosity led her to thoroughly inspect the room, and it wasn't long before her attention was drawn to an unusual item. Among the various locked drawers and cabinets, she discovered a glass case containing an intriguing object. Upon closer inspection, she found it to be a large book with the title "The Malphas Chronicles: A Legacy of Magic" gracing its cover. This discovery left her both astonished and eager to explore its contents.

Caught in her curiosity and lost in her discovery, Vettriana failed to hear the approaching, stealthy footsteps. Suddenly, Snr Laylâk materialized beside her, his presence looming over her like a guardian of secrets.

"I see you have ventured into my office, Vettriana," he remarked, his gaze fixed upon her. Startled, she swiftly turned her head to face him, taking an instinctual step back. She furrowed at how she was caught miserable.

"You should have expected this, Vettriana," he warned. "If you keep this up, one day I will Disintegrate you." She shivered in response to his threat. Senior Laylâk suddenly lifted his cane towards her. Vettriana looked at him with a puzzled expression.

"Palms out," he instructed. Her eyes widened in realization. If what she thought was correct, she needed to take action, but despite her mind racing, she couldn't find a way to escape this situation.

She reluctantly obeyed, extending her palms as instructed. Senior Laylâk began his abusive actions, repeatedly striking her palms with his cane. The pain intensified, causing her palms to redden and throb. Her eyes, filled with determination, fixated on the grimoire. Regardless of the years it might take, she vowed to obtain it, determined to do so without his interference.

Vettriana was deeply affected by the recent events and the dark threats from Snr Laylâk. She realized that she needed to take matters into her own hands. She decided to dedicate herself to learning more about magic, not only to meet his expectations but also to find a way to protect herself. This determination drove her to seek knowledge and training that would help her become someone who could outsmart and, if needed, confront her formidable grandfather.

Vettriana approached Kauis with a sense of urgency, her eyes filled with determination. "Kauis, I need to find information, something that will help me plan my future and understand the magic that surrounds the Malphas family. Do you know where I can find such resources?"