As Vettriana listened to Abby's life story, her composed exterior began to crack

As Vettriana listened to Abby's life story, her composed exterior began to crack. The revelation of Abby's happy family, including a daughter, felt like a betrayal. Tears threatened to spill, but she held them back with a thin-lipped smile.

"That is commendable," Vettriana forced out a few polite words, concealing the turmoil within.

Abby, sensing Vettriana's internal struggle, placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. Vettriana recoiled at the touch, horror filling her eyes. The emotions she thought she could suppress surged to the surface.

"I-I am sorry, missis Brownmore, but I must go now," Vettriana stammered, her hands trembling.

Before she could make her exit, Willow entered the scene with tea, aware of the tension. "Something amiss? Surely, my grandma has not caused an offense?" She lifted her smile to lift the tension but Vettriana's patience snapped, and she couldn't contain her true nature any longer.

"Your grandma played the role of a gracious host, but therein lies the predicament. I was never a mere guest here," Vettriana's voice deepened, asserting her authority.

Willow set the teas on the table in confusion. "A-Am I missing something here, Abby?"

Abby just furrowed her eyebrows together in confusion, seemingly missing something as well.

"Yes, Abby, a revelation eludes you. The day ere your progeny's birth, the day ere your nuptials, the day preceding your union with your spouse." Her voice got harsher and more likely a demon voice. "You neither inquired about my name, nor were you ignorant. Did you recognize who I am, rendering me inconsequential?" She clenched her jaw in anger. Unknownly spreading a mist shadow around them from her.

As Willow sought to withdraw with Abby, Vettriana's gaze flicked to their clasped hands, consumed by jealousy and animosity.

"It is I, Vettriana Gaunt. The one you rescued before my kin's malevolence sealed my fate. The one you plucked from the clutches of a dire day to sustain me. Yet, the one you unequivocally Abandoned!!" Vettriana's words dripped with hatred and betrayal.

Vettriana's revelation hung heavy in the air. Abby, stunned and silent, struggled to find words. Willow, still holding Abby's hand, looked between the two women, sensing the tension.

"I... I know not where to find you," Abby finally whispered, regret staining her voice.

Vettriana scoffed bitterly, eyes narrowing. "Not knowing, or a deliberate choice? I was yours, Abby. The Forbidden Child you preserved and then abandoned to fend for herself."

Willow's grip on Abby's hand tightened as the reality of the situation sank in. Vettriana's anger radiated, casting a palpable darkness around them.

"I never forsook you willingly. I believed you lost in the tumult of that accursed Lylâk," Abby defended herself, her voice shaky.