Chapter 2 - Sound of a wind chime

He continued,"You know Red looks good on you.Even that kurta of you,like red with green flowers.It is one of my favourites "

Instant shock."one of my favourites ",what does that mean.Like he really noticed me.I was quiet all the time while the whole tsunami was attacking my mind.

I whispered "...one of my favourites".He heard and with the anxious fright he tried to make up that statement and phone rang.Teacher called him to discuss certain arrangements and he was sad while waving bye.it was cute.

I felt something new pondering around my veins and for the whole time I was thinking about him and those words.Those stairs became my favourite spot already. Zoya asked me what happened but I just nodded nothing.But yeah she knows me and said,"fine someone is keeping secrets but my name is also Zoya and Zoya knows everything.I know it's because of Rihaan and she pulled my cheeks."

You know! I asked.
Yes I know both of you dumbos.I know how you see him and I know what he feels for you.And she made an oopsie face of spilling something.

Feels!?Like seriously.
I just cornered her and asked her to speak.But she was mumb.Tried to act smart.

Zoya! enough of this play and say What does that mean he feels for me? I just raised a voice.

"Yes!I feel for you and I ...I really have since childhood."

I heard that voice and turned around.He was there.
Ok I leave you guys here.And waved all the best signs to him. Zoya vanished in the crowd.

I was not ready to hear those words .I was all shocked.Crush of mine had a crush on me.Uff what else a girl would have ever expected.

I blushed again.I wanted to just run to some silent place to calm my mind down.I was thinking what to respond.Thousands of voices were echoing inside me.I was just tried to not give a eye contact.He grabbed my hand and pulled me to the photobooth near the actual Diwali set up.As that was a games time no one was there.
We were alone.I was near the boy I have always liked.He took my hand and started to speak.

"You know,I always wanted to speak to you.I know you are introverted.You won't talk much.But,But I feel special whenever you just give a glance and smile.Those daily hi and bye of yours.I wait for it.and you know I longed to see you in these jhumka. I asked Zoya to give you these jhumka and bindi.I brought you this a year ago.And you are looking more stunning than I ever imagined you this whole  year.I know you are not a girl to be played with.You are some one to be loved.and I wish to be the one who Loves you.I know love is something that is beyond our age.But I am saying this with all my sense.before 4 years I thought it was just an infatuation and it will fade eventually.But each time I see you,I fell for you more deeper.I started to miss you while you were away.Even your presence somewhere near me was enough to make my day.I know you never seen me like this.You always wanted to achieve and get a good career.I too thought of not saying to you until we graduate.But what to do I feel little nervous as it's our last year in school and I don't know how the things will end up after this.I..I..don't wanted to loose you by confessing my love to you but I don't want to take the regret of not saying it either.I just want to love you for long as I know you won't take forever as something that exist.For long,I don't know how long but just that till I ever live.I want to walk you home,I want you to sit beside me in bus,to sleep on my shoulder as you do with Zoya.I ..I want ..you to feel comfortable around me."

I was speechless.I can feel his chillness through his hands.His sweaty palm was telling more than the words he was saying.The moment was perfect.Every damn thing.The lights,the breeze,the music.Who would have ever thought this much romantic moment inside a campus.More than these things,His hand over mine was something else.I was mumb the whole time.Just gathering words to speak,for this whole time I was looking at his eyes.That dark brown eyes with a pinch of worry.His hair in forehead was like giving him a pat of finally saying it.

With those little puppy eyes of him,he called my name,"Ruhi..Um..I..I love you.I really do."

The ice broke.And guess what.I started to cry.
He was terrified and tried to calm me down.

"Look ,look ,I know I am just overdoing it and these are over dosage for you.I don't want to say something or I I don't want you to..."

I broke my silence and said ," I love you too."
He was totally shocked and I continued to speak with all the courage I have ever gathered"I ..I don't know how to say,I don't know how to speak as you do.But you were my only crush.qnd still you are. I really do.I always wanted to speak to you.To hang out with you.But I feel down as you are a perfect kind of boy who is just like a heart throb of many.You are popular.You ...you definitely can have someone better than me.I ..I just want you to see happy and this is enough for me.This day .You just re-think this ..I won't compain. I just want you to see happy and ..

He just placed his finger on my lip and said no other word.There was a tear in the corners of his eyes.He just pulled me closer and hugged.

That's it.I forgot who I was.The warmth of him just filled my voids.I just wanted to be there for ever.Uff, forever?Even I started to think like this. Surely love changes people and I myself was feeling it.

Zoya came and just jumped with all the excitement she could ever bring .So finally I am free from all the rants that you blabber about her,she shouted pointing at him.She was so happy and brought a whole new vibe to the air.

She was clicking photographs of us in each other's arms and I tried to hide behind him.
"Shall we take a picture,I want to freeze this moment",he asked.
I nodded yes.

Zoya clicked photos.I am bad at posing and that too having him beside me made me blush continuously.For the whole photo moment Zoya was teasing me for looking pink.

In middle,"Ruhi ...." He called .
I looked at him.our eyes met.I was waiting for him to say something.

Zoya shouted "perfect".I looked at her.She says"the candid is on some other level".

We saw and for real it was something.Frankly I just wanted to hug him again but instead I hugged Zoya.What to do,I am still the same .I just hid my face and hugged her with all the joy.He looked at me and smiled like a child.I was looking at him in a side sight through the little gap of her hair .
He says" haan haan ..hug her Zoya...I won't let you do it again while I am nearby".
I blushed more.I was really in cloud nine and boom.The announcement says,"Students!Gather at the portico for a group photograph".

Breeze - A Love Airजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें