Chapter 6 : woah! Surprise surprise.

"Ah, okay, fine. It's that, you know," Zoya stammered.

I held her hands and asked her to speak what was on her mind.

"Do you remember how I used to come to your home and spend time with you, your brother, and Dev? I had a huge crush on him, and he liked me too," she said.

"Wow, that's great!" I exclaimed.

Listen carefully, she said.

We used to chat and speak all the time. We enjoyed each other's company and liked each other. We decided not to label it until we became more mature, but due to academics and distance, we stopped talking. Even though we stopped talking, I was always thinking about him. Today, after seeing him, I was so happy yet afraid. After all these days of not being in touch, I wondered whether he still feels the same way about me," she said.

I listened carefully and was amazed at how she kept this from me, even though it's the hardest thing for her. I know she's usually talkative, but I've never seen her this serious.

"He said he still loves me and came back to see me. He asked your brother about this plan and he gave him all our trip details so he could surprise me. Before saying anything, he wanted to make sure if I still felt the same or not," she added.

I was on cloud nine. I knew she liked him and asked with great excitement, "What now?"

"I love him, Ruhi... I confessed it during the campfire, and yes, we are together," she said with the most beautiful smile she had ever shown and a tear in her eye.

I wasn't able to express how happy I was. I always dreamed of her being in a relationship more than me. Zoya had also applied for an architectural degree in Spain, and if she got it, she would join him there.

"Perfect!" I exclaimed.

I made fun of her, pretended to be angry for a few minutes for keeping this from me, demanded ice cream and garlic bread, and then started a pillow fight. Rihaan knocked on the door and joined us.

Dev told the story to him, and he was here to tease Zoya for not telling him.

"I told you everything, and you, the chatterbox, kept a secret from me. Wait, you have to pay for this," he yelled and started running towards Zoya.

She was running around, and he threw a pillow at her head. I was laughing at them. Rihaan pulled Zoya's hair, and she was screaming, "Leave me, leave me, you raccoon! I wasn't sure if it was something or not, that's why I didn't share," she said.

Rihaan gave her a playful punch in the shoulder, and she scratched his hand with her nail. They were playfully fighting, and I was laughing loudly.

She spilled a bottle of water, and he also drenched her with water. Then, we turned and threw some water on me. After that, the three of us were playing with water, spilling it on each other. When Dev entered, we welcomed him with a tub of water.

After playing for an hour, we were tired and sat down on the balcony. Dev ordered dinner, and we ate while sitting and chatting in our room. We started to play Monopoly.

It was 3 in the morning. Dev said he had misplaced a scarf and went to look for it. Zoya disappeared in a second, saying she was going to help him.

We were alone on the balcony. The night was dark, and due to low light pollution, we could see the stars clearly. It was beautiful, more beautiful than anything I had seen before.

Rihaan came and hugged me from behind. It was sudden, and I didn't know how to react. He started to move to the music, and I started to move along with him.

I turned around and faced him. The light was orange, like a blend of orange, yellow, and a pinch of red. His eyes glistened, beautiful like one of the billion stars shining above us. It was deep, as deep as the ocean that drowned me, still drenching me with the chillness.

He held my waist, and my hands were around his neck. We were dancing like a fairytale couple.

"Run, run!" someone screamed.

Dev and Zoya entered the room and locked the door. They were frightened as hell. We were shocked by this sudden movement.

"What happened?" Rihaan asked.

Zoya was so afraid she hugged me in a panic, shivering. Her hands were cold and sweaty.