Chapter 5: let's go

Days passed, and the entrance examinations were also completed. We were free from tasks and instantly started thinking about how we could spend more time together. As our exams went well, more than the tension of results, we were worried about the separation.

We planned a trip: me, him, and Zoya. By convincing our parents, we finally got permission for a trip. Just a two-day trip, but we knew it was going to be one of the memorable ones.

We packed our things and departed by train. Zoya was not much into these trips, but she came along to let our parents think it was just a friends' trip. She actually brought a big box of Ferrero for this. She instantly fell asleep. It was a night train as we didn't want to waste a day on travel. She took the upper berth and slept.

We sat and planned our schedule for the next day. He suddenly pulled me closer and bent towards my neck. It was totally unexpected, and for a moment, I forgot to breathe. He slowly untied my hair and said, "I like it that way," he whispered. He tucked some of my hair behind my ears. He held my fingers one by one and cracked the knuckles.

He held my hand from then on and continued to speak about the places we were visiting tomorrow. The blue light of the train made his face look more charming than usual. His deep brown eyes sparkled with excitement, and his lips were aligned just perfectly with his excitement. His words went over my head, and I was just hypnotized by him, wanting to gaze at him for the rest of the journey. He caught my gaze and blushed. "Stop it, I'm shy," he playfully covered his face with his hands. I always fell for that gesture of his. "Let me adore you; you can't stop me from that, though," I pulled the same phrase. It had become our copyrighted phrase.

Actually, it was the first time we were spending the night together. So I wanted it to be a little memorable. We continued to talk and then listened to songs. We hummed together, and we always loved that.

"You look sleepy; go and get some sleep," he insisted.

We were sitting at the end door of the train compartment in the non-AC section as our compartment's door was shut due to AC. My hands were tied around his arm, and I was resting my hands on his shoulder. He tilted his head toward mine. Those melodies, that breeze, moonlight—everything was perfect. It reminded me of the day when he proposed to me, our first date. We had become more mature, and so had our love. We hummed songs and enjoyed that journey to the fullest.

We reached the station. We woke up Zoya. I couldn't understand how she could sleep so peacefully even in an unknown place. She opened her eyes and said, "Already? We reached. I wished to sleep a little more."

There we both stood with red eyes, staring at her. Last night was the best, and I was still thinking about those songs and his warmth.

We took a taxi to a hotel. We both fell asleep, and Zoya was like, "And here they go; now I will be bored."

We reached a hotel in two hours and checked in. Me and Zoya shared a room. We freshened up and enjoyed our girls' time. We had pillow fights and just jumped around on the bed.

First, we went on a trek. There were many like us. "Hey, you guys! Is that you three?" we heard a voice and turned back.

It was Dev. He was one of our dearest friends and my brother's classmate from his Spanish class. "It's been a long time, Dev," Rihaan hugged him and said. We both smiled and waved. "Yeah, it's been a long time since I saw him when we were about to give our 10th board, right?" Zoya added.

"Yeah, it's been a while since I visited there. So how are you guys doing? So, Rihaan, did you ask, or not?" He asked.

"Yeah, yeah, he asked. She accepted. They committed, enjoyed school romance. Now just having their 1st trip as cute lovebirds," Zoya teased.

I just blushed, and Rihaan nodded in agreement. "That's great. I'm happy for you guys. You both are really a perfect match for each other," Dev said. "Thanks, yaar. So how's your life? What's happening? Anything special?" Rihaan asked.

"Nah, I just got back from Spain. I'm doing my architectural degree there and here to get some fresh air. These solo trips just boost me up, though," Dev replied.

"Cool! So you're on a solo trip, and we are in need of that," Zoya added. "No, no... actually, it's nice to meet you all after this long. It's something more than what this solo trip would have given me. If you don't mind, can I join you guys?" he asked.

"We would love to have you on board with us on this trip. At least I will get some company," Zoya said. "Yes, sure, let's have fun," Rihaan added.

Rihaan and Dev were having a conversation about the places. "Hm... hm ... company," I leaned toward Zoya and whispered in her ear. "Shut up, choohi... don't make things up. I just said it randomly," Zoya said.

"Yeah, yeah, I know... I know. I remember how you used to visit my home whenever he was studying with my brother," I started to tease her. Meanwhile, "What's cooking here?" Rihaan came and asked.

"Ah... nothing... nothing. Just like that," Zoya said, knocking on my feet.

We reached the top of the mountain. We took pictures. It was the time of the sunset. "Beautiful," I said. "Yes... and it's perfectly beautiful with you," Rihaan said. We held hands and enjoyed the beautiful view. The blended colors of the sky reminded me of the paints we used on that day. It resembled the blend of his complexion.Not too dark, not too pale. The sun slowly set down, painting the sky with a myriad of colors. My artistic urge wanted to paint it, but more than that, I wished to enjoy it while holding his hand.

We took pictures, and Zoya took one photo of us, admiring the sunset, holding hands, and just lost in those colors. It was like a painting. Then we took more pictures for Instagram, and Dev was recording and vlogging the entire process.

We returned to the hotel. Dev shared a room with Rihaan. We freshened up and went for a campfire. I teased Zoya all the time about Dev.

Everything was set up there. Music was playing, and the three of them started to dance. I usually don't dance. It's like I had never danced before. I sat and recorded them while dancing. Rihaan pulled me to dance, and I tried to get into the vibe, but it wasn't happening. I just clapped and cheered them.

I looked around, and everyone was in their own vibe. Zoya and Dev were having a conversation while dancing. I wondered what that was about.

Suddenly, our favorite melody started to play. Rihaan took my hands and pulled me closer to him. In that firelight, something was even hotter. He placed my hand around his neck and his hand on my waist. I nearly fainted from this sudden moment. We played along with the tune, and I don't know how to describe the feeling of bubbling inside me. It was new. Our eyes were locked in each other's, and the chill in the air, the warmth of the fire, and his breath were all I could feel. I wished the music would never stop, and we were just slowly moving round and round.

The music stopped, and we returned to our senses. Only then did we realize how deeply we were into each other, and it felt like something more than just being in love.

We then went to our rooms. I was thinking about all those moments and blushing. Zoya seemed lost in thought, and I let her be. We freshened up and sat on our bed.

"Would you mind if I ask you something?" Zoya asked with some reluctance.

"When did you start adding disclaimers before asking? It's weird. What happened?" I asked.

"Okay, first promise me you won't get angry with me. It's just that I don't want to hide, but there's something I wanted to confirm before saying it," she said.