Chapter 3 : Date?

"We took few selfies and went for a group photograph. We stood together. And guess what, he just held my hand. Some of my classmates saw and started to speak. I could feel the hot jealous looks from his girl fans. I said, 'I feel some may not like you holding my hand,' so he said, 'So? I don't care. I am just holding the hand of my love. Who is going to ask me? But if you don't want, I will not.'
I just held his hand tightly, and at that exact moment, they flashed and clicked a picture. It was perfect. Perfect as the day. Perfect as those moments. Perfect as him.

Zoya was the one who was asked questions, as no one had the courage to ask him and enough patience to get a reply from me. She was narrating the story to all, and she was like that author who had scripted everything from the beginning. She said how he used to see me and how he bought all the chocolates I loved, and how Zoya gave them to me like she bought them. I was staring at her the whole time, and he was just laughing silently.
The bell rang, and the day ended. For the first time, I felt bad for that last ring of the school bell.

I came out looking for Zoya as she is the one who always drops me. But I wasn't able to find her, and a message popped up. 'Yo girl! I left. Take care and have a safe ride.'
I was like, for real? How can I get a ride when you already left.

Tadaa... he came with his new bike. 'Your chariot is ready for departure, my lady,' he smiled. I had always imagined riding with him ever since he bought that bike, and damn! today it's happening.
Isn't the universe pushing a lot for a day? I said. 'Ting.Ting. There are still more waiting for you,' he said in a robo voice.

I laughed and got on the bike. It was about a 30-minute ride. That was wholesome. The breeze, his smell, my hand on his shoulder, again the word flashed 'Perfect.'

He stopped the bike. It was a lakeside. He removed his helmet. The sweaty hair was like the grass with hue. He was combing it with his bare hands in the side mirror. He was really handsome. He caught me watching him and smiled. Then I pretended like I'm not.
He smiled, 'Our first date, hm?' I blushed and nodded. He mimicked that.

We just walked along the path for a few minutes. The breeze was chilly. He broke the silence, 'Really?' I looked at him, 'No, like really, I was your crush too?', he asked. I nodded yes. He smiled, 'Lucky me. I thought you liked that guy from tuition. He was kind of interested in you, and you were asked by the tutor to help him in studies too. You guys were studying together, you know.' He said, making a face. 'Haan! He actually proposed to me way earlier too,' I replied. 'What? I didn't know that. What did you say? How did he say? Was it really better than me? By the way, when did he say?' Recklessly, he asked.

'What should I answer first? Mm... Last year he said, while you guys were playing tennis outside the lawn. I just nodded no and asked him not to waste time,' I replied.
'That's it?' he asked. 'What else do you expect someone like me to say,' I replied.
'Then what made you like me?' he asked. 'I don't know,' I said. He just looked at me, and this is what made me like you,' he said, turning to the lakeside.

I don't know what he meant, but the way he said it with his head gesture was cute.
We may not have spoken to each other much before, but we know what each other's likes and dislikes are. So it wasn't like I was with someone I didn't know, bluntly. Even, it was like I was with someone who I've known for more than the years I can count. While he was talking, he said he wanted me to be comfortable around him. It's just I wanted to say that I have never felt this much comfort with anyone else. But I couldn’t.

I was thinking all these and humming a song. He heard and joined. He held my hand, and we walked for a few more minutes. We were not like some fantasy school lovebirds. We were practical, and I know that. He was focused on getting into medical college, and I am aiming for a design degree. We both know that.

I don't know what he was thinking all this time. At one moment, he stopped and said, 'Never let our relationship ruin what you've dreamed about. I want you to be successful. I want myself to be successful. And I want both of us to celebrate each other's success together. You are my motivation, and I too want to be the one for you. Not the reason for any lag in your life. Got it? Or should I make some bond papers to get signed?'

This is what makes him more handsome. I just nodded ok and said, 'Thank you.' 'Thank you?' With an odd look, he asked. 'Nah, it's just... I know that you think like this, and I know that you will be the one who will definitely push me towards my dream. There is no doubt. I know you also would have thought these love and all are way too soon for us. It's time to focus on something different. Yet you believed in me. You believed that I considered all these, and I too think the same. I know that's how you said all these today. It's just that I am bad with words, but I just want to speak more to you. It's just that I know people expect me to articulate something for them, but I usually don't. I will definitely try, but... it's just that... the thank you is for believing and understanding. I... I... will!' I said while waving a sign in the air.

He was smiling, and his eyes were just glistening. The shade of the sun made it even more enchanting. He hugged me and said, 'I know, my girl.' It was nice.

There was an exhibition near the lake, and we walked to that after watching the sunset. The twilight was beautiful, I had an ice cream, and drenched in the rain. “Achoo” ,I sneezed. "Nice, our first date, and I have made you catch a cold. I'm spoiling you already," he smirked. "Nah, I know it's good" I replied.