The Blind Fortune Teller

At the Trailer, In the Circus

No one POV

Jim walked up with Lee and Jim said "Just let me handle this" and Lee said "Alright, I wonder what this Lila is like."

Jim knocked on the trailer door, inside, a 12 year old girl was picking at her nails and heard someone knocking on the door and she turned around and she looked at her nails which were a bit red.

The girl walked up to the door and opened it and Jim looked at her surprised and Jim said "Hi, GCPD."

He held up the badge and said "I'm James Gordon" and she said "My name's Eleanor, how can I help you, Detective."

Jim said "It's nice to meet you, I'm looking for Lila, Does she live here?" and Eleanor started to get nervous and she picked at her nails from behind the door and said "Yeah, But she's not here."

Jim said "Do you know where she is" and Eleanor said "No, Sorry, she was supposed to be home a while ago. Did something happen?".

Jim said "Do you know her?" and Eleanor said "I'm her daughter."

Jim said "Okay, Eleanor, how old are you" and Eleanor said "Twelve" and Jim said "And your here alone if your mom isn't here."

Eleanor said "Um" and Jerome walked up to them outside and Jerome said "What's going on?".

Jim said "GCPD, we're looking for Lila Valeska, who are you?" and Eleanor said "It's fine, he's my brother, Jerome."

Jim said "Okay, well I was just about to ask your sister where was the last time you saw your mother" and Jerome said " This morning. She was here when I left for the library."

Eleanor kept picking at her nails and the Ringmaster said "Relax, Nellie, , this gentleman is just here because Owen and Al had a disagreement. Your mother's fine, gone on a spree, no doubt. You know how she is."

Eleanor said "A spree? Without her hat, her coat, or her purse? Yeah sure" and Eleanor got out of the trailer.

Jerome walked up to her and she backed away and Jerome said "She's right, And look at Sheba. She's distraught. She knows something's wrong."

Jim said "The snake does seem to be agitated."

Ringmaster said "Sir" and he led Jim away and said "She's what you call a party girl. Back in the morning with her knickers in a handbag, sure as eggs."

Jim said "But she didn't take her handbag, did she? How fast does an animal like that move? " and Jerome said "Oh, fast walking pace. They rely on surprise, mainly."

Jim said "Let her out."

Jerome said "I'm sorry" and Eleanor said "He said let her out" and Eleanor opened the cage and let the snake out.

Eleanor looked at the snake and the snake crawled over to a blanket and they found Lila's body.

Eleanor gasped at looking Lila's body and gasped and got dizzy and touched the trailer and tried to stop herself from falling to the floor.

Jerome started crying and Eleanor was crying as well but silently.

Lee looked at her sadly and Jerome looked at Eleanor and said "Nellie."

He went to hug her and Eleanor said "No, I'm fine" and he hugged her and she stopped and Jerome said "Nellie, we should be there for each other."

Eleanor glared at him and said "No thanks."

Eleanor backed away.

Jim looked at the Ring Leader and said "You knew. You knew she was here."

Ringleader said "No."