The Last Laugh

Jim's Apartment 

No one POV 

Eleanor was looking at Jacob and said"I do not need to be watched all day, there are officers watching the place, I don't need you hovering." 

Jacob said "It's not hovering, It's an older brother looking out for his little sister" and Eleanor said "Your only 3 minutes older, Big Brother, I don't need you to look after me." 

Jacob said "Our older brother is obsessed with you, he always has been, what if he tries to kidnap you." 

Eleanor said "Like I said police officers outside, and outside that door" and Jacob said "What if he kills them, he is fairly willing to kill officers." 

Eleanor said "Stop hovering." 

Jacob said "At least don't go to that hospital thing tonight" and Eleanor said "I was invited." 

Jacob said "I think your boyfriend would be fine with you not going" and Eleanor said 'Bruce Wayne is not my boyfriend, he's just a friend." 

Jacob said "I think he'll understand, friend or" and Eleanor glared at him and said "I don't think your in any place to judge about that." 

Jacob said "Why?" and Eleanor said "You and Selina." 

Jacob said "Are you serious." 

Eleanor said "Yeah, I'm going, Jim will be there, you want to come , fine but I'm not hiding." 

Jacob pointed to the newspaper and Eleanor said "I'm aware of what's going on, but I refuse to spend one more day afraid of Jerome, I'm done with that." 

Jacob said "Nell?". 

Eleanor said "Look after you..well the car crash, things got worse, but when Mom died, I, Jim helped me, I stopped picking my nails because of that, I'm done being scared, I was afraid growing up of Mom, of Uncle Zach and of Jerome, I'm done. So I'm not going to spend time hiding, so I'm going to this." 

Jacob said "Okay, okay, fine, I'll go with you" and Eleanor said "Great, I already told Bruce, I had a feeling about this." 

Jacob said "How did you know I would agree" and Eleanor said "Twin thing, I guess." 

Jacob smiled and said "So our dad all along was Mr. Cicero" and Elenaor said "Yeah, pretty much." 

Jacob said "Wow, I always knew something was off about that story, but I guess you could call it one of her nice things." 

Eleanor said "Guess so, would you like to see him again" and Jacob said "Have you?". 

Eleanor said "Nope, but if you want to." 

Jacob said "I thought we were supposed to keep my whole being alive thing a secret" and Eleanor said"From Jerome." 

Jacob said "Well, like you said he helped him before." 

Eleanor said "Exactly, i'd be too obvious to go" and Jacob said "Well, Jerome's a psycho, psychos's don't think. But maybe talking to him might offer some answers." 

At Cicero's Apartment 

Jacob walked in and Mr. Cicero looked around and Jacob said "Yeah, I know you can't see me,so I'll burry the lead, Hi Dad." 

Mr. Cicero said "Jacob? Have I am I" and Jacob said "Don't worry, I'm not a verbal hallucination, I'm actually here, I never really died, I survived, I survived, and I manged to wash up on shore and was then taken and tortured." 

Jacob sat down and Mr. Cicero said "Does Eleanor know" and Jacob said "She does." 

Mr. Cicero said"She's angry at me, and so are you" and Jacob said "Yeah, that's what happens when you leave your own kids with an abusive psycho for a mom."