39 | Devotion

‭‭Luke‬ ‭15 ‭HCSB‬‬

[11] He also said: "A man had two sons. [12] The younger of them said to his father, 'Father, give me the share of the estate I have coming to me.' So he distributed the assets to them.

[14] After he had spent everything, a severe famine struck that country, and he had nothing.

[17] When he came to his senses, he said, 'How many of my father's hired hands have more than enough food, and here I am dying of hunger!

[22] "But the father told his slaves, 'Quick! Bring out the best robe and put it on him; put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet.

[25] "Now his older son was in the field; as he came near the house, he heard music and dancing.

[28] "Then he became angry and didn't want to go in. So his father came out and pleaded with him. [29] But he replied to his father, 'Look, I have been slaving many years for you, and I have never disobeyed your orders, yet you never gave me a young goat so I could celebrate with my friends.

[31] " 'Son,' he said to him, 'you are always with me, and everything I have is yours. [32] But we had to celebrate and rejoice, because this brother of yours was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.' "

We thought we could get away from God.
By our goods, gifts, talents, "own strategy".
But apart from God, everything is still temporary. And even myself becomes included.

When we keep ourselves away from God, and suffice our flesh by exchanging eternity to temporary pleasures, later we will see the weight of that awful decision. There we will come to our senses that apart from God, we are nothing.

Sometimes, this becomes the case. We don't fully understand that, "One soul repents, heaven rejoices."
[25] "Now his older son was in the field; as he came near the house, he heard music and dancing.

We tend to compromise the lost souls because we HIGHLY THINK WE ARE GOOD ENOUGH, WE WALK WITH GOD LONG ENOUGH, THAT WE DO EVERYTHING FOR GOD IN OBEDIENCE.
[29] But he replied to his father, 'Look, I have been slaving many years for you, and I have never disobeyed your orders, yet you never gave me a young goat so I could celebrate with my friends.
IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU, self. It's about God!
If these are what motivate you to continue in your Christian walk (serving), surrender again.

[31] " 'Son,' he said to him, 'you are always with me, and everything I have is yours.
Do not envy the lost and newly found Christ, you were like that back then. God does not disregard your obedience and hardworks, but more than that, He wants to see that your motivation is right. He wants you to see that He is enough.

(Back then, you're pushing yourself to death while working in the world.)
You are now working for God's kingdom.

(Back then, you almost want to eat with the worst.)
You are now eating everyday with God's provision.

(Back then, you assume you have everything.)
Now, you are assured you have everything in Christ.

HE WANTS YOU BACK.
Don't be lost again.

Either of the two (sons), no one will truly become satisfied unless he sees that His Father (God) is everything he ever needs.

Psalm 23:1 "The Lord is my Shepherd, there is nothing I lack."

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐋𝐞𝐭 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐁𝐞 𝐃𝐨𝐧𝐞 [Christianity] 🎉