New life vol. 19

*Rose's POV*

"Guysss pizza is here!" I hear aunt Yelena yelling. Fuck, I'd gotten comfortable and was about to fall asleep, however as soon as the smell of pizza fills the room I'm revived and rush downstairs, mom following right behind.
"HEYYY" I whine, when I catch Yelena having eaten about 1/3 of the pizza already while grabbing a huge piece.
"Put that down, Belova"mom hissed
"Make me" my aunt grins and takes a bite off the pizza.
"Oh you 're so dead" mom smirks and runs after Yelena who is now trying to get out of mom's reach. While they are fighting to death over a half eaten slice of pizza I get the chance to snatch the whole thing, stashing it in a cabinet so I can eat it with mom. After a couple of minutes they are some fighting, which by the way ended with my aunt surrendering to my mother seeing as she was pinned down and basically getting choked.
"Heheh losers" I gloat as I see them, having decided to prank my mom by making her think I ate the whole pizza by myself.
Yelena bursts out laughing and mom shots her a glare before turning to me
"Oh come on that wasn't fairplay"she groans "I'm hungry as fuck Rose"she goes on complaining and I can't hold back my laughter any longer
"Relax you hungry freak I didn't eat it of course!" I explain while revealing the pizza and grabbing the slice before pushing the rest towards mom who is now looking at me somewhat dumbfounded. I take great pleasure in this
"Good for you that you didn't eat it cause I'd hate to have to beat your ass like I beat Yelena's over here Romanoff"she jokes, her mouth full of pizza and we all start laughing,taking a sit to actually finish our dinner.
"I'm a bit tired so I'll go upstairs to lie down. Mama will you drop by on your way to bed?" I ask while getting up
"Of course love, I'll be up in a little bit" she replies and I kiss my aunt goodnight before heading to my room.

*Nat's POV*

"I'm a bit tired so I'll go upstairs to lie down. Mama will you drop by on your way to bed?" my daughter inquires as she is getting up
"Of course love, I'll be up in a little bit" I reassure her and watch as she kisses Yelena goodnight before vanishing in the hallway.
"Beer?" Yel asks and I nod, causing her to go to the fridge to fetch us two.
"Hey I want to ask you something" I start
"Go ahead", she replies taking a sip of her beer.
"What happened while I was gone? I mean why did Rosie get so cold and distant all of the sudden?" I inquired even though deep down I knew the answer
"I mean come on Nat can you even imagine what she went through? The girl refused to eat and drink for days on end. She never talked to me about it if that's what you asking me but my guess is that this was her defence you know...not feeling. I mean it was drastic. She turned from the sweet girl we all knew to ice cold, rude and constantly angry overnight. She got a bit better the past few months when I became her legal guardian and we started spending more time together and now that she saw you but if you are asking me I'd say there is no way in hell she is going back to how she was" my sister admitted, not telling me something I didn't expect to hear.
" Oh shit now I remembered! Since you are her legal guardian seeing as I'm presumed dead you have to call the school and make up some sort of excuse as to why she won't be attending it till summer break!" I add trying to come up with a good enough excuse
"Don't worry I got it covered, I'll tell them that her grandpa is terminally ill and we had to go to Moscow to help him" she says, obviously having already thought about it
"Yeah that's smart. What about the others though? I mean sure you are going to have to take her to visit them often but what are you going to say as to where you moved into? What if they want to come visit your house?" I ask a bit worried.
"Well, that I haven't figured out yet to be honest. I mean I bought us time by saying we went on a trip to clear our heads but I can't keep this up for months right?"she asks and I nod. I mean they'll most definitely get worried and go looking for her.
"What if you told them that u have a mission which requires you to stay in Budapest. I mean they are familiar with it so I'm pretty sure they wouldn't question it plus we have the safe-house there so if they want to visit you can fly there with Rose and pretend that you live there" I say and Yelena nods
"Yeah that's  actually perfect! Just make sure you tell Rose so she doesn't get dumbfounded once they start asking her questions when calling her." Yelena adds and I nod
"Of course I'll make sure she gets it right. Do you think she'll be okay now that she has to suddenly get parted from the others? I mean she grew up with them always nearby" I sigh, letting out the thing that's been making me feel guilty for being the worst parent ever once again.
"No way Nat. Trust me she is going to be more than fine. The girl wanted nothing but her mother ever since she though you died. She didn't want anyone else near her, even me most of the time. She finally gets to be with her mom when she thought she never would so don't beat yourself up over nothing okay?" she answers truthfully, not even a hint of doubt in her words which somewhat soothes me.
"Trust me on this okay?" she presses knowing that I'm already overthinking.
"Yeah" I say in a quiet voice and raise my eyes to look at her "So when will we see you again?" I ask
"In about a month or so, I have a mission in Tokyo"she replies and I nod
"I'll miss you" I say and she smiles faintly
"Of course you will"she replies and I roll my eyes "I'll miss you too you softie"she teases and I sigh rolling my eyes once more.
"Oof look at the time! I should go lie down, I got a long flight to Japan to catch"she adds and gets up, squeezing my hand as in goodbye before heading to the couch on the living room. I also leave the table and make the way to my daughter's room as promised.
"I'm back" I say knocking the door and letting myself in. Rose is sitting on her bed, watching something on her laptop. I lay next to her, opening my arm so she can bury herself in my hug which she does.
"So what are we watching?" I ask trying to make sense of what she is already watching
"I don't know what are you in the mood for? Series or movie?"she inquires
"Something light to be honest"I reply and we both crack a laugh.
"Gossip Girl it is"she says excitedly seeing as it is her favourite show. I still can't believe what she sees in that show, even though I'll never admit that I secretly also enjoy it a lot.
"A couple years back it would be Frozen" I joke,remembering how she would make me watch that damn movie over and over again. "Fwozen"she d'say and clap with the same excitement every Saturday night that was our movie night. Time really is one's worst enemy...