⟡; 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙵𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚋𝚎𝚍 | ch.1

Undertale has finished installing.

──────── •✧• ────────

Long ago, two races ruled over Earth:
HUMANS and MONSTERS. 

Sai's eyes jolted open, numerous beads of transparent sweat dripping down her brown, ruffled hair, before swimming it's way down to her light, peach head - the sigh accompanied with the noise of heavy, shaky and panicked panting. Her salmon colored orbs traversed the golden-yellow and purple room swiftly, as to find out where she was. 'Golden buttercups and tall purple pillars,' she said to herself, softly. There was a kid laying upon the stashes of golden flowers, their appearance holding the identity of a non-binary child with a brown-haired bob, as well as a blue onesie with purple stripes to accompany it. They also had brown boots, similar to the ones Sai herself was wearing, however, hers were painted black in comparison to the brown boots in view. However, her attention got directed to the transpicuous, relatively-similar looking child: in the obvious distinctions, she had noticed the transpicuous figure had a green sweater in comparison to the onesie. It, as well, had a differently placed stripe going across it, a yellow colored one to go along with the green. They also wore brown shorts, and some worn out brown shoes that Sai couldn't exactly distinguish. To add onto it, they also had pink blush on their cheeks and.. well, actually open eyes. There was a loud, blaring ringing in her ears, caused by a odd melody coming from.. nowhere in particular? It sounded like it came from a video game of sorts, being rather pixelated and quite loud.

One day, war broke out between the two races.

Her vision was still rather blurry, however, being enough to differentiate the figures standing before her, as well as being able to tell where she was placed, she could manage sufficiently enough. She placed her hand down on the flowers she was standing on, (though covered in a oversized black sleeve that she hadn't recognized or remembered putting on), and stood up. Her balance was wobbly, but she steadied her balance with a nearby pillar. She rubbed her eyes to try and extract the blurriness forming in them, before she stared back at the shorter child with the green shirt, who was obviously waiting for the sleeping figure to wake up. They seemed just as confused as Sai was, despite being transparent as if they were a ghost. Sai opened her mouth to speak, but wasn't fully adjusted yet - leaving her mouth wide open, she tried to muster up the words to speak to the child. It took her a moment or so, but she had handled it, and spoke. "Who are you?", she said in a soft, timid, and low voice. Her memories were still rather jumbled, and she hadn't really known who she was at all, but she had recognized the two for some odd reason.

After a long battle, the humans were victorious.

Sai awaited a response, yet, nothing. The child-like figure continued to wait for the taller character to wake up and arise from the flowerbed. Sai tilted her head - she had at least expected a shrug, or even just a tiny glance back at her, but yet, it seemed as if she was invisible. She spoke once more. "Uh.. hello? Can you not hear me? Who are you?". No response. At this point, Sai was getting agitated. She had already been in quite of a sour mood, being unable to recollect any already-existing memories due to them being in such a blur. The loud, blaring music exploring the insides of her ears didn't help, neither. "Can you not hear me!?" She said, her timid and previously quiet voice had quickly gained a tone of forcefulness, the volume rising quickly. Yet, still no response. Sai walked over to the standing and irritating figure, before intertwining her index finger and thumb together, placing pressure and then... Flick! She flicked the figure, however, it went right through them. She quickly bounced back, her hair and white scarf (which she hadn't even noticed she was wearing) recoiling along with her movement. "What the heck?" She said, her voice lowering once more.

The sealed the monsters underground with a magic spell.

Perhaps it was a trick of the mind. Or, much less, she had just attempted to touch a spirit. It would make sense, considering they ARE quite transparent - blending in with the surroundings in front of them. However, even if that WAS the case, wouldn't their conversation be heard? From her, although, blurry memory, ghosts can still hear and see the people in-front of them, correct? However, Sai couldn't trust her thoughts too greatly. She barely even remembered if she had a brother or sister, let alone ever existed in the first place. She looked down at the figure covered in buttercups, before leaning down to them. "Hey, wake up." She said, softly. The figure was in too much of a deep sleep to respond. She tilted her head lightly, a bit lost on what to do, before she attempts to shake them gently. Once more, her hand goes right through them.

Many years later...

"..What..?" Sai said, her tone of voice quickly becoming that of terror. Her legs, which were bending down to try and awaken the sleeping and or passed out child, quickly stood up as she backed away a bit. She stared at her hands, which were slightly dusty from some areas of the pillar that were left untouched. She wasn't a ghost, right? No. That was off the table. If she was a undead spirit, the other child would've noticed her by now and her body wouldn't have been non see-through. Her body seemed perfectly fine, albeit though she didn't recognize it. She stared back at the human that had some solid color and a physical body. What.. was happening? She remembered having a physical body. One that DIDN'T go through the objects she was attempting to make contact with...

MT. Ebott
201X

It suddenly struck her. Her head started aching, much far worse then when when the ringing in her ears almost destroyed her ear-drums into little tiny pieces. Memories. Memories that she didn't recognize as her own, let alone making them in the first place. They were jumbled together, obviously taking place in different times, in different bodies. 'Falling down a hole in a mountain', she recalled, looking up at the giant whole where the shimmer of sunlight was shining through. 'I met a monster. A goat monster. SOMEONE met a goat monster. I don't recognize them.'  She said, looking around at her previously explored surroundings. That's why she recognized it. 'I- no, they ate something, and that was the cause of their death.. right?'  She remembered a few more memories. 'And.. another one. I fell down the mountain again.. I was in a onesi-...'  It struck her, who she got the memories from, if not herself.

Legends say that those who climb the mountain never return.

Name the fallen human.

□□□□□□

Done

Is this name correct?

Yes

...

She had the memories of the children sitting atop her. Chara and Frisk. So... if she didn't have the memories of herself, but the memories of the two separate entities standing right before her, then... who was she? Her near edge to an identity crisis was quickly interrupted by the rustling of the flowers. Frisk had woken up. You'd expect them to have some sort of expression after being passed out for so long, but, I suppose they decided otherwise. They didn't even open up their eyes. It kind of freaked Sai out for a moment. Frisk started walking forward, and Chara began to follow them - floating. Well.. that proves Sai's theory, at least. Wait, they were moving forward without her? "Hey, hey, hey! Wait up!" She quickly caught her balance and straightened out her thoughts, before running ahead and following them.

──────── •✧• ────────

1307 words.