⟡; 𝙵𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚢'𝚜 𝚁𝚘𝚘𝚖 | ch.2

trigger warning - mentions of blood

──────── •✧• ────────

'...I feel like someone is watching us ALL.'

Sai scurried along as to not be left behind by the floating ghost and the emotionless child. For some odd reason, she had this mysterious thought roaming in the back of her half-empty head. She felt.. self-aware, but of what? She had already and previously acknowledged the fact that she's practically a ghost. Although that theory was yet to be proved, she didn't particularly doubt it. So what of it? Her thoughts were interrupted by the room going pitch black. It was already quite dark in the room that contained the flowerbed, so the sudden shift in light had scared her a tad bit. She was a bit afraid of the dark, even if she hadn't admit it. She took her thoughts and shoved them right back into her head, shifting her view to the two children she had been following previously. She had also noticed their attention was paid to the ground. She stared, a bit puzzled, before she looked down at the ground - a single patch of green grass laid there, atop a gray, round, circular area. In the midst of it, there was a single sunflower with a... a face. 

'..Ew.' She had managed to mutter under her warm breath.

"Howdy! I'm FLOWEY! FLOWEY the Flower! Hm... you're new to the UNDERGROUND, aren't 'cha? Golly, you must be so confused! I guess little old me will have to do." Sai leaned down and lifted her finger, before tapping the flower's bud. Poke! It went through him as well, however. Disappointment washed over the brown haired girl's face, but she brushed it off. It wasn't like she didn't expect it, anyhow. She stood up once more, and let the weird talking flower thing continue it's speech.

For some reason, she felt like she knew who he was. As she darted over back at the floating ghost in the green sweater, it seemed like Chara felt the same way - with their expression a bit in thought as they looked down at the plant. 'Plant. I like calling him that. Hehehe.. Plant.'  Sai's lips curled upwards into a smile as she thought about the nickname. 'Maybe I can give other people nicknames. I like giving nicknames. They're funny.'

"Ready? Here we go!", the flower said, interrupting her thoughts.

Suddenly, the room went pitch black. The atmosphere in the room drifted to absolute darkness. Sai jumped, her eyes widened as well as her mouth slightly opening out of slight fear. Note, children do NOT like the darkness. Sai wobbled and started clinging onto Chara due to terror - which, of course, Sai had forgotten that she cannot cling onto people. She fell face flat onto the floor with a splat as she rubbed her head, a little tiny tear forming on the side of her left eye. "Ow.."

She regained her composure and wiped the transparent water that was dripping out of her eye. She stood up and put her focus back at the plant and children in front of her, before noticing - Frisk had their SOUL out. A red, glowing and slightly pixelated heart. Of course, Sai had recognized this as DETERMINATION, for she had been given the mashed up memories of the two against her own will. She stepped forward, acknowledging the black buttons lined with orange - the text holding the same hue. For some reason, she felt like she had.. used the buttons before. Overall, they had just begun using this form of battle and interaction. Not in any point at time had they used it before. Not to mention, she could've sworn there was another orange button other than the ones in front of them...

"See that heart? That's your SOUL, the very culmination of your being! Your SOUL starts off weak, but can grow strong if you gain a lot of LV. What does LV stand for? Why, LOVE of course! You want some LOVE, don't you? Don't worry! I'll share some with you!"

The flower winks, his eyelid lowering to form it - the wink was able to light up any room with the positivity emitting from it. Sai didn't mind positivity, but she felt like this amount of it was honeyed as to hide his inner intentions. However, she is most likely paranoid due to the sour mood she is currently in. It's not like those memories are hers, anyway - she can't exactly factcheck them. She heard Chara mumble something under their breath about LOVE. She tilted her head, but shrugged it off anyway. It's not like she could ask Chara what they meant anyway.

"Down here, LOVE is shared through little white... 'friendliness pellets.' Are you ready? Move around! Get as many as you can!"

Sai quickly got a gut feeling in her stomach that maybe, just maybe, they shouldn't go and collect the white pellets. As she had thought before, his intentions truly had to be honeyed. No way somebody would be this nice to a entirely different species they are unfamiliar with, especially considering that 'friendliness pellets' was just put in quotation marks in the chat box. Wait, chat bo-

Frisk's SOUL had run right into the pellets, dark blood forming around their usually clean blue and purple patterned sweater. They stepped back a little bit as they clutched onto their clothing piece, looking back at the flower who had just tricked them. Frisk's SOUL had stayed in place, which, Sai had recalled that it doesn't leave battle unless Frisk would have FLEED. Sai's face of concern instantly changed to panic, as they ran over to Frisk and held their bleeding area. Alas, it went through them.

"Are you okay?! Is there any way for you to get out of battle? Do you have any healing items!? Please, tell me you'll be okay!" Sai spoke, her volume had grown to an excruciating amount.

And of course, no response. Right. They can't hear her. That didn't make her any less worried, however. When you have the exact memories of two people at once, it's a bit extreme to try and NOT feel guilt and sympathy whenever they feel the slightest tinge of pain. She frantically looked around, back at Chara, who, seemed rather panicked as well - but, they were.. probably just as capable of helping as Sai was, and then back at the plant with disgust for hurting Frisk.

"You idiot..."

"In this world, it's kill or be killed." 

The flower spoke, with venom in his voice. Sai didn't even know a flower could be this scary. She hid behind Chara. For some odd reason, she feared that she would be the next to be hit in the chest with a bullet - even though literally nobody could make contact with her. At least hiding behind someone gave her comfort.. a little. 

"..Why is he.."

Chara spoke coherently for the first time in Sai's entire appearance, which surprised Sai a little. They seemed like they recognized Flowey. To be fair, Sai couldn't blame them. She felt like she knew him too. He seemed like a figure in her memory, and since she shares the same one with Chara, it truly isn't a surprise. "I know he wouldn't do this." Sai spoke in reply. No response, but Chara did turn her back where Sai stood with a somewhat bewildered expression. That gave Sai a little smile, but it was cut short with the sound of laughter. Pellets were surrounding Frisk, who was already wounded by the previous one.  "FRISK!", both Sai and Chara cried in unison, their voices matching up in sync.

As the pellets closed in, they were interrupted by Flowey suddenly halting, before a incoming, stray ball of fire directed straight towards him was thrown - he gave off a shocked expression with his eyes widened, before he swiftly got hurled to the side by it. Shortly after he was out of view, a goat figure that looked quite motherly and sweet appeared in between the visible view. Instantly, Sai had perked up. So did Chara. The two definitely recognized her, but Frisk, not so much.

"What a terrible creature, torturing such a poor, innocent y.."

Toriel stayed frozen still for a moment. She had looked behind Frisk, where Chara and Sai were located, however, she obviously didn't see either of them. They both looked disappointed. The two had recognized her as their mother, even if Sai had the recollection to be blurry. Toriel quickly regained herself and her most likely rampant memories. However.. Sai, having the memories of Frisk as well, felt like that was out of place. Should she have been cut off? Again, she couldn't trust her thoughts too well.

"...A-ah! Apologies. Don't be afraid, my child. I am TORIEL, caretaker of the RUINS. I pass through this place everyday to see if anyone has... um... fallen down, yes. You are the first to fall down here.. in a long time, at least. Come! I will guide you through the catacombs."

Toriel had lightly placed her hand on the upper-part of Frisk's onesie, before healing the bloodied wound. Thank goodness. For some odd reason, Sai didn't have good memories of blood. She couldn't exactly remember why, I suppose nostalgia-land is a bit secluded at this time of day. Frisk had formed a smile on their usually expressionless face, which surprised Sai once more. Toriel had walked off to the end of the room, Frisk following suite. Chara floated towards the duo as well.

Sai was, again, left behind. She took a moment to process that. She wishes Chara could hear her. They have a lot in common.

Sai, shortly after some processing and perhaps a mini identity crisis, caught up to them.

──────── •✧• ────────

1613 words.