⟡; 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚁𝚞𝚒𝚗𝚜 | ch.3

A/N: This is the last chapter for a while. I'm planning on working on the rest of the chapters and uploading them all on December 9th. Enjoy your book~ ♪

──────── •✧• ────────

A few minutes had passed since their first encounter with the villainous flower. Toriel had shown them around the RUINS. Sai was intrigued by the puzzles, often spewing her fascination by little "ohhh"s or "ahh"s. Chara was following along, seemingly familiar with the considerable variety of puzzles. Of course, Sai would have as well, if her memory wasn't as blurry as a foggy window. As the trio continued forth, Frisk even talked to a dummy! Sai laughed at that. It was kind of funny seeing Frisk conversate with a being that isn't able to talk to them.. oh.

Eventually, they were led to a hallway - where a small frog shaped creature leaped over to them, before engaging in battle.

"AWWWH! Frisk, Frisk, give it a hug or something! It's so cute!" Sai said, squealing.

Of course, Frisk didn't hear her. Again. Jeez, Sai really wished she was the one engaging in battle. Frisk hovered their yellow hand over the 'MERCY' button, before sparing the froggit. Sai wished she had ACTed with it instead. But that's okay. Sai can't associate with people, anyway. She frowns, before following along with Frisk and Chara once more. Toriel had spoken about puzzles, but Sai was a bit too zoned out to hear it coherently - till she snapped out of it, and began detecting more of the conversation.

"Here, take my hand for a moment. This puzzle seems a bit too dangerous, for now."

Sai perked up, and quickly ran over to their side. She went to Toriel's side, and tried to hold her hand, too. She wanted to walk with them. She liked Toriel and Frisk. They were her friends! Then her hand phased through Toriel. She frowned as they continued walking without her. 'Oh. I forgot.' Her voice droned on for a moment, before she quickly marched ahead in sync with the 3 figures standing before her.

"Hey! Wait up! Don't leave me and Chara behind!"

Chara, per usual, didn't hear her. 'I'm sure they would appreciate it if they COULD hear me.'

She had walked behind by Chara's side as the two went through the spikes with ease, her feet dragging themselves slowly. She was tired of walking - well, tired of being there, as well. Shortly after some time, Toriel had left them by themselves to run some errands. Sai didn't really care. She had Frisk and Chara as company. Sure, they couldn't see her, hear her, talk to her, touch her, compliment her, feel her presence, or give her anything, but that's okay. They're still her friends.

She had expected them to stay still and follow Toriel's words, but they didn't. Frisk had gotten up and began advancing forward, sparing each and every monster that followed along the way. Sai really liked the weird bug monster. It reminded her of someone, a little bit.

Again, her memories were foggy. The only thing running through her mind right now were hotdogs. She'd really like a hotdog right now. She kind a wants it with mustard. Maybe olives. Wait, who even likes olives? Never mind. She takes it back. I don't think she wants a hotdog anymore.

She had been fantasizing too much about jumbled things, she hadn't noticed where they were. Frisk had a purple donut in their yellow sleeved arm. "Is that thing even healthy?". Sai bounced up at the unexpected voice. Chara doesn't speak very much, so it was quite startling when they do. Sai ponders in response. She had stopped bothering to use her voice. After all, she knew they wouldn't be able to hear it. Frisk, in reply, had balanced the weight of their shoulders to create a light shrug directed towards the ghostly figure. Sai peeked over at the donut in hand, and saw... a spider. 

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!"

The consternation of the situation in the hands of the 10 year old child inundates her with the solicitousness of a million soldiers. 'The heck does that even mean!?' Sai had no idea what was going on and why there was a voice narrating her in her goddamned hea-

"How did you get here, my child? Are you hurt? There, there. I will heal you."

The scrape Frisk had oh so pleasantly gotten was healed with a light glow and a soft, furry touch. Sai smiled a little, while Chara still seemed overwhelmed with memories of the motherly figure. Sai understood. She wished she could comfort them.

"I should not have left you alone for so long. It was irresponsible of me to try and surprise you like this."

"Err... Well, I suppose I cannot hide it any longer." Sai perked up.

"Come, small one!"

Toriel trudged forward. The taller, yellow child followed forth. Chara, bound to follow them, floated alongside. Sai paused for a moment, as she looked around the purple, calming atmosphere. Something was odd. She'd been feeling this since the blaring music. The feeling of someone watching her. Maybe a monster?

...

Nothing.

...She's just being paranoid.

She walks forward.