PROLOGUE

May 21st 2021

☆★☆★☆★

The midnights walked along a lonely street, cars passed by, they passed shops that seemed unopened even before lockdown. Benji, Tom, and Val walked in front of Thea and Scarlet who seemed to be in their own little world. The trio were sharing a joint that was almost done; they were slightly high, but it wasn't enough to be seeing stars and shit. Meanwhile, the duo decided to stay sober in hopes of keeping the other in check. This happened a lot, Benji was always high- some bullshit attempt at coping with stuff, same with Tom. Val on the other hand wasn't the same case. She usually smoked before shows as a way to deal with stage fright. She had a history with drugs and alcohol, but that's another story.

The five were walking to a queer-owned bar near Benji's house, where there was an open mic that they wanted to perform at; to help promote their new album. It's not like it wasn't going well but more of the fact that it could be doing better. Each held an instrument, except Val who claimed she was a 'princess', and didn't need to carry her custom mic, she gave it to Thea who was holding her drum sticks. Benji had a bass, tom and scarlet a guitar each.

When the group got to the entrance of the bar, they excitedly walked in ready to meet whoever awaits them.

☆★☆★☆★

Lexi's Lane:

hoped y'all enjoyed this taste of what the book is gonna be like! im not sure when ill post the first chapter, but i know its gonna hopefully be good!