act 1, ch: 6

June 21st, 2021, (518 words), irl

☆★☆★☆★

Valerie was currently sitting in Thea's apartment. The duo were the closest in the midnights. The two had met through high school, they wrote songs here and there but never really performed them anywhere else than Thea's room. They do everything together, they even meet Benji, Tom, and Scarlet together. They were at the same bar where they met Boygenius, Benji, Tom, and Scarlet were on stage in a trio called "The Midnight Boys". Neither of them had any sisters, Thea was an only child and Valerie had a brother that she didn't talk to. They found safety in each other more so in their band, they had become a family.

The duo had decided to get ready together and then meet their friends at Benji's house; things usually went this way. Zach Bryan and Boygenius softly played in the background, Valerie had a secret obsession with the man, (and country that), only Thea knew about, the younger girl wanted to study the boys that they met like some test for school, she was usually like this though.

♪♫♪♫♪♫♪

The two had driven to the older boy's house and were currently sitting in his car wedged between scarlet. In all honesty Valerie was really nervous to see the guys she met at the bar those months earlier, they had barely talked to each other. She couldn't tell if it was butterflies or just nerves, she had noticed the flirting with phoebe and she knew that it was wrong and she knew that Levi was livid after that comment Phoebe had made on his post. She knew that Levi was a bad guy but he was the only guy that stuck with her through all the bullshit she had been through. It's like she was in debt to him, and she knew rationally that she didn't repay him but it wasn't that easy to be honest.

"You okay, blondie?" Scarlet asked, snapping the blonde out of her thoughts.

"Yeah, yep." Valerie responded, "Just kinda nervous about tonight, I guess."

"You'll be fine, if they didn't want us coming they wouldn't have invited us." Scarlet told her, being able to read her mind within a second. "Come on, they're all waiting for us in the car."

♪♫♪♫♪♫♪

Walking into Phoebe's house Valerie didn't think that she could not be any more nervous than she already was, she was wrong. She rubbed her sweaty hands on the sides of her skirt, it was a short denim skirt that stopped mid-way through her thighs. She also was wearing a white chopped t-shirt, knee length socks with 3 quarter boots and a leather jacket. Her makeup was simple, not too flashy but not too simple. Phoebe greeted them before both Lucy and Julien said hi as well. The boys then took her into the blonde's living room where a redhead sat with a curly haired brunette and a black haired girl?!

LEXIS LANE

hey yall... sorry about the little break, i'm on school holidays now so ill prob be able to release more chapters (i think), also 2.3k reads, insane!!! thanks for reading and remember to vote!!