act 1; ch 7

June 21st, 2021 (761 words), irl

☆★☆★☆★

The group before them introduced themselves as Katie (the redhead), Naomi (the brunette), and Jo (the black-haired one). They were sweet and nice, Katie seemed like the mom of the group, Naomi the older sibling, and Jo the youngest. The group all piled around Phoebe's living room, Benji, Tom, and Scarlet all sat on the couch next to Muna as well as Phoebe and Lucy while Julien, Thea, and Val sat on the blonde rug next to the couch.

They talk about a lot of things between music and favorite foods, it was all fine until they started talking about being gay, and it wasn't like Valerie was homophobic herself like she was gay but she never really learnt how to accept herself especially since she grew up in a household that wasn't that supportive of being gay. So about halfway through the conversation she excused herself to go outside for a smoke break.

Phoebe throughout the whole night was only watching Valliere, all of her little movements and everything she said. She noticed how the younger girl seemed to tense up when they started to talk about being gay, of course she would laugh at the jokes their friends would make but something seemed off, almost like Valliere didn't like the fact that she was gay herself, Phoebe suspensions were proved correct when she excused herself mid-conversation. Phoebe wanted to follow after the girl but didn't, it was only after 5 minutes Phoebe followed after Valliere.

The sliding door shut when Valliere looked back.

"Hey," she softly greeted between puffs.

"Hey butterfly, you okay?" Phoebe softly asked, sitting next to her.

"Yeah, just needed a break." She whispered.

"You don't seem okay, what's going on?" Phoebe asked, turning to the girl beside her, moving her hand to rub the younger girl back. Valliere moved into Phoebe's touch and moved her head to Phoebe's shoulder.

"It's just I've always had a weird relationship to being gay, y'know? It's not like I'm homophobic at any means its just i think that i have a lot of internalized homophobia, i don't know." Valliere stated like every word she had just said phoebe was gonna yell at her for a habit she had developed from Levi. "And it's so weird because I just can't talk to Levi about this y'know, he just dosen't understand."

"Awh, Vee that must be suck, I'm sorry that you feel like that. I'm always here if you need someone. And Levi's your boyfriend right?" Phoebe comforted; butterflies fluttering throughout her stomach feeling the weight of the girl's head on her shoulder and how Val moved closer to her when she said that.

"Yeah, he... is. Thanks, pretty girl," Valliere smirked, feeling the heat of Phoebe's hand on her back.

"It's okay butterfly, he a good guy?" Phoebe inquired.

"Yeah, I like to think. He's been with me since forever and has helped me through a lot" Val mumbled into Phoebe's shoulder feeling quite tired.

"Do you wanna go inside now?"

"Not yet"

♪♫♪♫♪♫♪

Suddenly the sliding door moved and Phoebe turned her head to see Thea and Lucy.

"Hey, everybody's leaving now," Lucy reported to Phoebe, "Is she asleep? That's cute."

"Oh, okay," Phoebe moved slightly to pick up Valliere which was only greeted to whines by her "I know, I know, I'm sorry for waking you up," Valliere whined even more but moved closely into Phoebe hiding in the crook of her neck. The group all giggled at the sleeping girl.

"Looks like Phoebe has a girlfriend!"

"Phoebe's got a crush!"

"Is Val gonna stay the night?"

Phoebe woke up asking Valliere if she wanted to go home but was only met with whines saying that she wanted to stay, and who would say no to a pretty girl like her?

"Have fun girls!"

"Use protection!"

♪♫♪♫♪♫♪

After everyone had left it was only Valliere, and the boys. Lucy and Julien had gone off into the guest room that was really their room while Phoebe and Valliere were left to their lonesome. She had been asleep for what seemed like hours, but Phoebe just couldn't sleep. Maybe it was her insomnia or maybe it was the girl that was fast asleep on her chest holding her like she was afraid she would lose the older girl. Phoebe found it cute how clingy the girl was being, if only she knew how many times she'd think about this moment.

☆★☆★☆★

LEXIS LANE

Bit of a longer one for you guys!! Hope y'all enjoy the fluff, idk how much there will be for a while. Also happy holidays!! And happy new years if i don't post by new years :)