December 2023 | »Wanted: Undead or Alive« by @eacomiskey

It is very exciting to have eacomiskey with us to feature their book »Wanted: Undead or Alive« as our next book of the month! Underneath you can find the next interview where we talked about the author and their story!

AUTHOR BIO

❝ E.A. Comiskey primarily writes speculative fiction but from time to time she dabbles in other genres. She is published with Scarsdale Publishing and is a Wattpad Creator. She won Watty Awards in 2018 and 2021 and is Southwest Airlines' "Storyteller on the Rise." Her story, Alone in Tombstone, was developed as a short film by Tongal Productions. ❞

💥 💥 💥 💥 💥

PREMISE

❝ A disillusioned young woman leaves her mundane desk job for a chance to earn big bucks as a bounty hunter for monsters. 

💥 💥 💥 💥 💥

TEASER SCENE

❝ The space behind the desk was slightly larger than the average coat closet. I swallowed a mouthful of cider. Spicy comfort slid down my throat and coiled in my belly. In ten minutes, I had my oldies playlist going, the registration cards were sorted and filed, I'd double checked that all the day's reservations (all four of them) had already checked in, and I'd opened the spreadsheet to start the daily audit. If I could get the numbers right on the first go, I'd have time to watch a couple episodes of The Witcher before I had to set up the crappy continental breakfast.

As I typed the first numbers, the doors rattled open, and a man walked in.

At least, I thought it was a man. I couldn't be sure.

They were over six feet tall. A raggedy old cowboy hat that might have once been beige tilted low, hiding their face. They wore leather work gloves with unsettling dark stains on them and a grubby trench coat, buttoned up tight. An odor rolled off them that reminded me of the kitchen trash can when it had gone too long without a good scrubbing.

Without speaking, they dropped a driver's license and an American Express card on the counter.

"You need a room?" My fingers inched toward the panic button under the counter.

They nodded, wordlessly.

Ok, then. I looked at his ID. It said his name was Randy Hannity. Age forty-one. Height five feet, eleven inches. He seemed taller than that. Maybe he had tall shoes. Impossible to see from behind the counter.